[LCN] Hitlist Out-of-Range Cooldown - September 18th 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

there are no bullies in a fighting game, pains in the ass, annoying, creepy, stupid, etc but no bullies, but yes Kano has messed up the game/s first with raids, and how they welcomed the Mafia war players and changed the 30 day protection to 60 and other perks, taken over 500 days for them to see the results, not just in LCN, either, money talks, I am sure Kano has made a bundle, thru the years but the last 500 days give or take, as well as the almost past two and a half years with raids they may have taken in more money than at any other time, before that, making money is more of an addiction that spending it... :p

2. meet_joeblack

meet_joeblack Member

I hate it......you do know that this change does. t affect those in range right?

3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Personally I could care less if i got hit listed 100 times in a row :) it's a feakin game ...supposedly a war game :rolleyes:

Totally understand you all trying to "protect" lower level players from bullying in a "fight" game.:eek: BUT
    the 60 seconds stops player A from hit listing..but what is stopping player B, C and D from listing....example being if you have a group that dislikes a say level 2k player and whats to say they all can't take turns hit listing

Maybe 400+ days ago, when concerns were brought up about certain aspects in the game you should have listened and addressed them back then :(

This is supposed to...... be a "WAR" game :mad: there is always going to be strong accounts and weak accounts.....spenders and non spenders.....hard core players and casual players........."bullies" and fair players.........YOU as devs know that it is impossible to please ALL........and for every action you make there is going be a reaction........improve the game, add different things do :cool: instead of making changes that are coming a year too late o_O

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Kirsten

I couldn't agree more if I tried, great post :)

5. meet_joeblack

meet_joeblack Member

games change.....adapt.......

6. Kirsten

We are pixels, in a game, if ya bullied in real life, by a person, or thru facebook, it is really very different than the idea of being bullied in an online game, that is geared to beat the 'snot out of another player, I understand how some feel like victims so feel they are bullied, but that is just their perspective, change your ( general 'your') perspective, it is just a game, an unbalanced game, but just a game.

7. xxfastxx

xxfastxx New Member

so you get slowed down by 60 seconds. woo.

8. I don't know what server you play on, but you're right. It's not going to stop them. And people forget that these people have friends. So if they get put in the cool-down period, they will simply have friends list them.

9. Kirsten

well I am talking about being bullied in the game, what you are talking about, is beyond, as you say and yes that is a problem, blocking people is a good way to keep them from getting info or sending messages, and if not clan they cannot send messages ingame, and yes I have heard of a few and I know a few who take it out of the game, but in the game, a fighting game, there are not bullies, there are dickheads for sure.

10. Kirsten

yup and it will just make it worse for the one being targeted, I have been targeted many times in 4 games, years ago it bothered me, and sometimes I was gonna quit, but I chose another way, I kept at the game, got stronger, I was not gonna let some keyboard asshole get to me and got revenge lol also the groups that targeted me, get bored after awhile when they get no reaction, and move on to someone else :)

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

There are ways around every rule.

12. Crazy Inuit

Crazy Inuit Member

Well Salvatore, everyone makes their choice how to build, not going to feel sorry for someone who invested a lot in energy to level quick.

13. Kirsten

I understand but there is nothing Kano can do about that, as I said blocking people on FB, keeps them away from you , and be careful who you are friends with cause these games cause many friendships to go south, in all the years I have been playing these types of games, it happens alot, A smart person told me many times, years back, when all of a sudden people would turn on me,these people are not your friends, really not much different than real life, people turn on people in real life, with no game in the mix, just that ya mostly never meet the ones behind the keyboard ..........

14. Ace Diamond

Ace Diamond New Member

I rather KaNo staff rethink this matter and give them an increase in protection.. 100 days seems suffice and can give them time to learn the game more before making decisions to ask for a “chaining”. To add to this it is already granted to all players that they can choose to “get protection” after a certain amount of times being listed currently in game. It is also a feature that the cost of a rigged ignition drops the more they hitlist an account. A feature that benefits gamers who are lower level players and perhaps an adjustment to lower it even more somewhat could be another answer dependent solely on the difference or gap of levels between the two accounts fighting. So if a level 7000 is listing a level 1000 time again and again,the rig cost would be dropped more so then normal due to the imbalance of strength and ability to earn game money at a lower level

15. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I have a question (not a complaint) about the hitlist amount. If we build up our Hitlist price, why isn't that full amount what people have to pay to list you?

Example:
    [tag] user has just put a Hit on you for $380,285,509,620.
    My Base Hitlist 447.395 billion
    My Current Hitlist 559.243 billion

Why is there a 15% discount on hitlist price?

I "found" the user on fightlist, engaged in fighting, user hit back, lost, and then listed me. Totally fair, but, why a 15% discount? Because I engaged them in fighting?

Thanks!

16. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@Ace Diamond Thanks for the input! We looked into changing Rig pricing, but from our data we don't think being rigged helps prevent being listed very much. People who want to keep listing simply heal and keep listing you. We could make Rigs more powerful maybe but we don't want to make listing too hard — the more people listing, the more targets for everyone — and even if they are super cheap, higher level listing players always have far more cash than a lower level victim.

@FancyPants The main thing that would reduce the price someone pays to list you is if you are in War Mode. There are some other modifiers involved but that's generally the reason.

17. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Just a followup - forgot to note that there is a fee the Godfather charges for hitlists, and the post in the social feed only represents what you can win by claiming the reward. So for example, someone could list you for a reduced War Mode price, then the Godfather tax would apply, then the final amount would be posted to the Social Feed as the amount someone can win by catching the list.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Scoughman I beleive it's the 15% tax taken from KANO for inner circle etc. what she meant (could be wrong)
    @Fancypants although it shows that # when collected, they paid full price, it's just showing you after taxes.

Scoughman likes this.
  19. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

OK - thanks Jades & Scoughman.
    I'm not in war mode.
    As long as I'm not discounted like a K-Mart blue light special, then all is good.
    :)

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  20. LOL and the "protection" just gives new players time to talk trash about the higher levels so NO, increasing the protection is NOT the answer. The answer is to treat others with respect, don't get personal in the verbal attacks, and NEVER bring someone's family into the insulting aspect of the game.