[LCN] [CANCELLED] September Event Schedule Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Looks fine to me

2. Bill Matthews

Bill Matthews New Member

I heard at one time - you guys were going to re-do the Tier's in RAIDS - any truth to that?

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

KANO does adjust tiers periodically, give suggestions and which game/platform and they will consider it usually.

Scoughman likes this.
  4. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

You should go to 4 tiers given the highest levels have significantly increased. In PC below 6K below 11K below 17K higher than 17K - keep each at 10 or reduce to 8 in each level

5. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

After a significant amount of feedback from players in all 4 games about these proposed changes, we're going to leave the event schedule as-is for the month of September (I.E. the changes suggested in the OP will not be happening.)

It sounds like moving these events would cause issues for players who play multiple games, and wouldn't go far enough to solve people's concerns about fatigue when playing the current volume of events. We'll look for other solutions to try and address that for now. Thank you to everyone who chimed in and helped us make the call not to pull the trigger on this next month! I will update the OP and thread title as well.

6. Randy Jenkins

Randy Jenkins Active Member

will we still see two raids in September

7. Shari Reed

Shari Reed New Member

I don't play any of the others. Talk about a let down :( I was looking forward to the new changes.

8. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well be happy Mitch, you didn't end up kicking all european players out of BA. Since we only have the weekend one where we have a chance to play it.

9. Mitch, I DO have a suggestion for the week long calendars.... reduce the time from 45 minutes to 30 minutes and let us save up to 4 keys like we do on the challenges. ALMOST all of us work, and therefore cannot be online 24 hours a day and we lose out on keys due to work/real life. At least if we can hold up to 4 keys on a calendar, we have a chance of completing at least more than we do now.

Rick B likes this.
  10. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

@ the Devs you can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time I dont envy you your obvious well intentioned suggestions to help the game - some folk are never happy !
    A committee to develope a horse - ended up with a camel - same here - thanks for trying !
    Wish you all well for your efforts ! :)

Kirsten and Scoughman like this.
  11. Omegame

Omegame Member

OK thanks for the explanation.

Scoughman likes this.
  12. Scoughman

@Randy Jenkins Yes, kind of. We never suggested any changes to the raid schedule. Raids run every 28 days, so there is one LCN raid coming up on August 31st that will go until September 4th, and then four weeks later there will be another one going from September 28th to October 2nd. A raid running into another month happens pretty often, in fact you could argue it happened this month as there was one starting on Aug. 3rd and the upcoming one starts Aug. 31st.

@Shari Reed sorry to hear we disappointed you. I was excited about the changes too, but players really opened my eyes to some things we hadn't considered when redesigning the schedule. Hopefully we can find a good middle ground for future. What about the schedule did you like?

@LuscLadyGreywolf Thanks for the suggestion! We'll take a look at calendar completion rates and see if there's some numbers we could tune there.

13. Shari Reed

Shari Reed New Member

I liked this:
    [EDIT for clarity.] None of the events have changed per se, it's just that we've moved them around to avoid overlapping and broken some events up between games, so LCN doesn't have a calendar or sale at the same time as VC, PC and ZS.
    And this:
    August 31st - September 4th - Raid (raids run every 4 weeks, and the August raid started on the 3rd)
    Sept. 4-8 Weekday Calendar
    Sept. 6-7 - Battle Arena
    Sept. 8-12 Syndicate War
    Sept. 11-13 - Sale
    Sept. 20-21 - Battle Arena
    Sept. 22-24 - Weekend Calendar
    Sept. 22-26 - Syndicate War
    Sept. 28th - October 2nd - Raid (28 days after the last raid)
    When you have an even you know what day and time it's easier to plan accordingly The Spacing them out is a good idea..
    And I heard mention about possible new calendar idea's
    May I ask what changes specifically that won't be happening?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It sounds like nothing for now. I'd be willing to bet this will happen in some way within the next 3 months, if not sooner.

Shari Reed likes this.
  15. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well hope you ain't right in regards to BA, or maybe kano wants to remove european players from actively participating in that part :)

16. Scoughman

We could certainly still come up with new calendars and we likely will, it's just a case of when the artists get some time and how important that is for us to design vs. other stuff we're working on (balance changes, etc.)

The events are all on a fixed schedule otherwise, so if you look at the pattern you should be able to predict when they're going to occur if it isn't listed in-game. Faction Wars are every two weeks, raids every 28 days, etc.

@Jared we'll continue to look at it, specifically around BA timing as they do conflict with raids periodically, but players have made a pretty convincing argument that changing it would hurt more than it'd help so we're happy to back away from it in general.

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

They may not eliminate the Saturday arenas, but they'll probably move them so they don't happen during raids. That seems to be a popular complaint. Of course, you could always move somewhere else besides Europe... as long as we're all spending money to get the unattainable achievements, might as well spend some money to move to another continent.

18. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

In the schedule they posted, both were on wednesday to thursday meaning not able to be played by a huge part of the playerbase

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  19. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Dont worry it will be sorted - not worth stressing about :)

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I know, that does stink. In the old rotation, there were 2 times when I couldn't play at all. I don't know about a "huge" part of the player base, but no significant percentage should be left completely out.