[ZS] [CANCELLED] September Event Schedule Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Never say never. But, essentially, that's correct. Starting in September, all of the arenas will be on Wednesdays and no other day of the week.

Carina anja likes this.
  2. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

it's just that we've moved them around to avoid overlapping and broken some events up between games, so ZS doesn't have a calendar or sale at the same time as VC, PC or LCN.

Personally I love having the calendars all at the same time. It's easier to keep track of. All the other stuff is fine..We'll adapt. But i feel having the calendars on all games whether it be a week long or weekend one is the way to go. Please dont change this.

3. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

Doesnt really bug me about the arenas, but i can see how it can bother a LOT of people who look forward to the Saturday Arenas since they cant play the Wed ones due to work. And another thing about arena. Those who sit idle in defense for 7 hours doing nothing should have their healths dropped for every 30 minutes of inactivity. Just a thought.

4. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

i like everything you said but you can stack for a 350% reward..unless im missing something here.

5. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

meh, well that's just poo -_- I don't play FW and can only do Saturday arena.

Plus side though, I guess I'll never need to buy UN again.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  6. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@Tjak @AlterEgoT I heard some feedback from players in the other games as well about the calendars being useful if they run during raids. What we're considering based on that is keeping the schedule the same for all 4 games (Weekend then Weekday with a week in between) and basically just moving the BA so it doesn't run during raids or Faction Wars. I think the issue of needing a combo of events to level is larger though. We are looking to revamp the rewards for Faction Wars and the Battle Arena as part of refreshing both those events, and potentially we could look at offering more XP as a reward, or weighting the event more on your A+D modifiers and away from how much stamina you can use as a function of your level.

I do think the game punishes you in some ways for building your account solely to level via raids etc. but new players have countered that by investing in their inventory, which helps offset their weaknesses; we are doing some interesting modelling of the fighting between new and older players right now but suffice to say we are very interested in some approaches to help resolve this, specifically by making older players' investment in Attack and Defense more valuable.

Re: our servers, I'm proud to say we've made some really big strides in uptime and stability over the past year (you can read about some of it here: https://medium.com/kano-engineering/the-path-to-php-7-ad763654ce18) I would be really surprised and interested to hear about any problems or downtime you've had if you can PM me.

@bigk69 definitely monthly calendar is still in there, it just always runs from the first day to the last day so no changes were planned there.

@Survival Streak 0 we're looking at moving some of the BAs around to avoid stacking them at the same time in multiple games, so we could look to put one on the weekend again. The catch is we've found they just aren't as engaging as the weekday ones, and we have to move something to avoid running them on the same weekend as raids. Maybe we could find another option like running a single weekend one per month with different rewards, or something like that.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  7. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

After a significant amount of feedback from players in all 4 games about these proposed changes, we're going to leave the event schedule as-is for the month of September (I.E. the changes suggested in the OP will not be happening.)

It sounds like moving these events would cause issues for players who play multiple games, and wouldn't go far enough to solve people's concerns about fatigue when playing the current volume of events. We'll look for other solutions to try and address that for now. Thank you to everyone who chimed in and helped us make the call not to pull the trigger on this next month! I will update the OP and thread title as well.

Heather J. Fox and JADES like this.
  8. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

I think the BA and FW schedule is good the way it is. The thing i do not like is the RB schedule.

BA and RB's take a huge amount of stamina while FW is hardly anything, so when you have RB the day after BA it is a serious drain on stamina and we have to choose to use our built up dailies on either BA or RB. I rather have the RB on the week of FW so that i could build up my stamina for BA and RB's.

Don't really care when the calendars are as long as they are all together.

9. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Not if you've used it for BA then need to turn around and do a FW then turn around and do an RB. We need the spacing and the calendars to fall in ways that make each event viable. Or we become once a month players since there would be nothing to do but show up to keep the boost growing for the next draining event.

Personally, I miss the game being core and the events supplementing. But that's not the new Kano model. The new model is the events center and the game there to support those events. It's why I stay so bored. The events are stale and offer no pop. But that's another discussion. I must be in the minority so I mostly just figure my days are numbered.

10. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Thank you. I cannot tell you how refreshing it is that someone is remembering the folks that have been here paying the kano bills all these years.

As for lag, I don't play BA anymore. It was so broken and tedious without the battle feel I just do not bother. Perhaps it is fixed there. I've only managed to be at 1 blitz and I don't recall the lag being as bad but it still did it on the un hits if I recall. IF I happen upon another I'll pay a bit more attention to how it loads. I do still notice some lag on RB's when a lot of folks are hitting them but it's been better I noticed. Will test it out at work and see if it's our connection on that one, we've been having issues lately so I cannot say if it's me or the servers on this one.

Scoughman likes this.
  11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I haven't had any major issues with lag for at least a couple of months. I'm sure it still happens, but I think it's gotten better. There were times when I couldn't get a click to register, and I haven't seen that in a while.

Scoughman and Carina anja like this.
  12. braatt10

braatt10 Member

I am a raider and leveler at heart, I stack daily rewards to 7 days before I take them. energy is 2520 the Friday after a raid I take rewards, switch to energy only stack for 7 days, using only boosts when 7th day take it for 17640 energy, and switch to Stamina only, Stamina is 2760 on the 7th day take it for 9660 and build again. After I take rewards I do the minimum needed, saving for raids. The 2nd 7 day Stamina will be ready during raids ready to take. This is just my way to get ready for raids.