[LCN] Addressing 2500 FP for $5 Concern

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SparkleMotion, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

Hey all,

This week in Support we’ve had a number of tickets about the following screenshot, and because there seem to be a lot of rumours swirling about this, we’d like to share some info about what happened. As you can see, last week we accidentally offered a 6900% discount on a package of 2,500 Favor Points.

[​IMG]

We normally don’t offer a 2,500 FP package at all, but while we were updating our purchase structure, we accidentally created one on sale for a crazy discount. This offer was part of a range of higher dollar value packages that unlock for Diamond Loyalty Tiers and above, so players in those tiers saw this for a short time before we detected the activity and released a fix.

It would seriously unbalance the game to make a discount this big available to everyone, and we didn’t think it was fair that only a few people were able to purchase it. So, we decided to refund all purchases of this package and rebalance those players’ accounts by removing the Favor and Loyalty Points and any items purchased with either. It was our fault that this was available and so we wanted to bring things back to the way they were before.

Players have also noted that our reversals didn’t always affect all players the same way. That’s because players who purchased this package did different things with the FP they got, and so sometimes we had to use a combination of FP and purchased items or hireds to equal things out. If something like this ever happens in future, we’re working on a more formal system for rebalancing so we can make sure people’s accounts are affected in a more consistent way.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and any distress that this has caused, and rest assured we'll be doing what we can to restore the cohesion of the game. We know it’s not fair to anyone when these types of things happen, and we’re committed to building new alerting systems and automated checks to make sure this kind of mistake doesn’t occur again.

If you have any questions please post them below. Any comments that are off topic or aren't contributing to a healthy forum discussion will be removed from the thread. Thanks for your cooperation!

Herwindo Chayadi and JADES like this.
  2. Omegame

Omegame Member

INCREDIBLE 2500 FP for $5 USD well no words but I don't see the these offer :(

Kirsten and Liselotte Geerhold like this.
  3. SparkleMotion

Hey Omegame, make sure to read the above post completely :) The 2500 FP for $5 was made live by accident, and should not have been available to any players. It was taken down as soon as we realized it was there, so no one will be seeing this deal now.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. SparkleMotion

Off topic comments will be removed, as a reminder. Please make another thread, or write to us at support.kanoapps.com if you have questions or concerns that don't pertain to this issue! Thanks everyone :)

Kirsten likes this.
  5. true blood

true blood Member

Can you tell me the number and also how many people took an advantage from this ? Even for temporary time and you guys did some methots for took back from them, there is thausands of person playing this game.How do you guys detect who did and how many times ? Im asking cause noone blieve everyone detected and majority of people also thinks super strong peoples who reach their power in couple months and their high levels with this 5 dollar method.How can you proof to everyone this thing happened once ?

Thanks for answers.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Elodie likes this.
  6. SparkleMotion

Hey Trueblood! Less than 20 people took advantage of the accidental sale while it was up. We have records of every purchase that was made, so we were able to go in and view FP purchases at the 2500 mark and the accounts associated. Then it was just a matter of removing FP, items, etc. equal to the purchase totals. This price point was only available for a brief time on Friday when one of our devs updated the payment structure so it was on par with mobile, so no one would have been able to use it a couple months ago. I hope that helps :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Kirsten likes this.
  7. If this offer really exists and is open to the public or low tier level like just count me in. I gladly and joyfully buy it. :D

8. Sara619

Sara619 New Member

I agree with Femme Fatale about the game being spoiled by the people that got something for basically nothing. They are so powerful that they squish us like bugs on a windshield as a car going 120 mph.
    Many of my friends quit because of this huge plus in the game. It makes me sad not to have these game friends playing anymore.
    That we should get the same perks as they did. It is frustrating to work hard for nothing. We should at the very least given something. We all started with nothing in this game. We are still wondering why the new people were given so much.
    Getting back to this latest mistake. I do know that mistakes happen. Esp. the $5 for 2500. Glad I didn't see it. I will be honest I would have jumped on that 1. The 1 thing I don't know where to post this but why can't everyone get this deal that is posted now on the board. It doesn't say for players that have never brought fp's, UN's etc in each game.
    I think we should all be able to get the offer. It would help immensely for me to be able to get my squad of 2000 that many of the the people from Mafia have. Most of the old members do not.

Buy Favor Points!

Select a package and use Favor Points to unlock special items, energy refills, stamina refills and more!

1,200 Favor Points for $200 USD 20% bonus
    560 Favor Points for $100 USD 12% bonus
    275 Favor Points for $50 USD Now only 25 USD!
    105 Favor Points for $20 USD Now only 10 USD!
    50 Favor Points for $10 USD Now only 5 USD!
    25 Favor Points for $5 USD
    Why can't we all get this deal? This t is only the or the accounts that have never purchased. It does NOT state that only gamers that have never purchased can buy this deal. The game just isn't fair about some things. Just makes it not as fun anymore. :-(
    I and many others would appreciate is we are able to purchase this deal. Please re thing this. Thanks!

Elodie likes this.
  9. SparkleMotion

@Sara619 Those amounts / discounts that you've pasted there were added on Friday so that mobile and desktop would be on par with each other. We'll be rolling that sales structure out to more players over the next few weeks as we tweak our sales and deals plan further.

10. Sara619

Sara619 New Member

Thanks for your answer. I be looking for them. I need them asap. It's a great deal to me. :)

SparkleMotion likes this.
  11. kessie570

kessie570 New Member

Had you been more concerned about your customers surely it would've been easier just to give EVERYONE else 2490 free FP (so those who had paid $1 would still be 10 fp better off) and everyone would be delighted with KANO... but your first thought was to the money, as usual :(

12. Elodie

Elodie Member

when a shop displays a sale price even by error they have to sell it at that price - or refuse to sell it full stop, i've never heard of a shop keeper chasing their customers in the streets to take the items back from their purchase before, surely everybody should be offered the same discount for fairness?? also, some players have soared very quickly in level and strength leading to believe this offer has been available to a few for some time................:eek::eek::eek:

true blood and Harrys Mum like this.
  13. SparkleMotion

Both of those are not entirely correct. These are digital goods, so comparing it to anything physical is potentially misleading and can conflate what are essentially apples and digital oranges.

Also as noted above, this offer was never available before this, nor was it meant to available. It was a bug which we have fixed.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Not sure thats corect @ Sparkle - I think the same rule applies

15. Sandy Barrows

Press release

New rights for consumers when buying digital content

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

They do not. In every country there can be multiple acts or laws that apply whether the goods are physical or digital.

Please note
    that I am just using these as example, as laws are applicable in different areas around the world. There is no hard and fast law that covers everything universally, I am just using these to illustrate a point.

There is the Consumer Protection Act (physical goods) which states that "A consumer cannot hold the supplier to an erroneous price". There are other stipulations around that situation, but they are vague and don't really apply to this. Some vendors do partake in a voluntary "scanner accuracy" practice, but I am not going to get into the nitty-gritty of that.

The "Electronic Communications and Transactions Act" gives no direct guidance for this situation, other than to stipulate that the terms of service regarding purchases through this supplier must be readily available to the consumer on the website on which the services are being sold. Our terms of use are readily available in the footer of the game.

Again, please note that this is just to illustrate that there are often two different acts or laws to cover both physical and digital goods. What applies to one often does not apply to the other.

While I understand that this post contains a sensitive subject, we put it up to clear the air and shed some light around what has transpired. This is not a post where we will be getting into further debates about laws and consumer rights versus supplier rights. I am not a lawyer, and any lawyer would most likely know better than to try and make their case via an Internet forum. If you have any further questions or concerns, please submit a Support ticket or message one of the forum staff directly.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. true blood

true blood Member

There is universal word which every person heard before.

""Customers always right""

You can change the rules whole over the word.But money comes from customers and if a company makes mistake and still defense their rights above customers ; this would just hurt company not customers.Peoples can find games but if a company lost their customers trust then that means this will be the beginning of the end that company.As i understand this post for explanation and if someone say something you start to shut this people bad way.I am huge dissappointed.

18. Sandy Barrows

2015 new laws in UK which apply globally

19. Liselotte Geerhold

Liselotte Geerhold New Member

INCREDIBLE 2500 FP for $5 USD well no words but I don't see the these offer
    :(

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Wow. Did anyone actually look at the screenshot from Sparkle's first post? Does anyone REALLY think given the scale of what was available this was actually intended?
    I'll give Kano a pass on this... after all, it's Friday, I've had a long week, and I'm too tired to argue over this.
    The 20 or so players this affected knew full well this was an error, tried to take advantage of it unfairly, and had their 2500 FPs worth of inventory, skills, etc. taken back. Big whoop.
    Is it unfortunate? Yes. Is it right? No, but no one is perfect. Is it illegal? I'm no lawyer, but I doubt it.
    If you're that ticked off, stop playing because Kano is so "unfair" to you. There are things that have affected the game more than this that I don't like, and those haven't been restored, changed, or taken back. Start your own indie gaming company and maybe you'll understand better.

Kirsten likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.