[PC] Had enough with Raid Boss Killers!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Micaylah, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Good afternoon,

At present we are in the middle of Raid Bosses. Some of us play them, some of us don't. Respect all round.

Now, I am aware this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I feel it must be addressed in a meaningful manner other than just paying lip service.

At present I and many others are in a RB that has not one, but THREE purposeful Boss killers. All brought in in good faith by the fellow that worked to initiate it. The fact that the person(s) perishing the RB can only do it a few times before being banned from that particular event is not enough and meaningless. It does nothing to reward all the others hard work, nor the person who started it. WE are left holding the bag, while these others merrily skip away only to do it again the next time around.

This is a basic and central flaw in this event. The initiator has no recourse and no options to rectify this issue, and we, their helpers have done a lot of work for nothing.

So what if anything can the Raid Boss owner do?
    • They should be able to remove that player IMMEDIATELY upon knowledge of said kill.
    • They should be able to report AND have it acted on by TPTB with some sort of future inability for the perpetrators to join Raids for a time limit of say, 6 future RB events. (I just picked a number out of my hat)
    • They should have the discretion to report or not, as some feel this is part of the "game".
    So what if anything can the Raid Boss participants do?
    • We should be able to report this ourselves if this is occurring AND have it addressed.
    • We should be able to remove ourselves as we see fit.
    This is getting beyond ridiculous that this is allowed time and time again. When a player allows someone in good faith to participate and then has their efforts, and others wasted it becomes a non event.

If TPTB do not wish to address this issue, I see a lot of people just not bothering anymore and you might as well just cancel the RBs altogether.

Thank you

Justin the killer and Rick B like this.
  2. Sasha St. Cin

Sasha St. Cin New Member

I agree that the boss owner should be able to remove them immediately at the very least.

Rick B, Micaylah and CrabbyOne like this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Kano has been over this since raids were implemented, it will not be done, keep ya raid private and only invited trusted players, problem solved

4. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

This Raid was private. I am talking about 3 people who were invited in good faith and purposely sabotaged the Raid.

I understand this has been discussed before. I understand what Kano has said. But I also understand that things can be changed by some rather simple coding.

If people are going to start doing this on purpose, and I can think of one other person who actually asks for Raids to kill in WChat, people are just not going to bother because it affects everyone.

Justin the killer likes this.
  5. braatt10

braatt10 Member

Agreed, all my raids are invite only, and do at least 2 or 3.

6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

yea i will have to agree on this one an i think to me that kano should start putting down work on this..cause people who kill raids like that on purpose basically im saying Perish not only should they get ban like that for doing it a few times, that player should be on a permant ban an is not allow to play no more Raids..so once alerted an once the report is click with the button that person should not be allowed into anymore Raid Bosses including there own Raids, cause this will bascially give the people the idea of not doing it again no more! which this does make sense an this should of been implented at the first event of RB's being made! now i know i write like shit an i dont make any sense but this does i think so anyways..please kano keep this as a suggestion!

7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i am rating this vote as a 5 star :)

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I know the onus is not on anyone to have a deep understanding of coding and development, but nothing is ever simple.

As with all ideas presented to us by you folks, we promise to review to them, and, if they make sense for the game and can realistically be done, then we will look at implementing them. Generally I don't say a hard "no" to most ideas as there is some chance that we might consider them somewhere down the road.

But the ability for Raid owners to remove people is not going to be something we're going to look at implementing because it is such a technical and gameplay nightmare. While the concept is simple, the implementation of such a feature makes it impractical. Every player that joins a Raid becomes a part of that specific Raid's calculations and there's no clean way to remove them and their contributions, even if that contribution was not particularly helpful.

We're looking at ways to encourage people to be more helpful on Raid Bosses as we're aware this is an issue that hasn't abated despite some tweaks we've made, but the ability to remove people from a Raid won't be one of them.

9. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

it is very frustrating and I feel for you when this happens - maybe an individual could have a block put on them so they cant do the next raid session or two ? Look at the option to deter them as individuals generally they repeat this behaviour on every raid they can get into - they also leave the health in a critical state so the next inncocent party accidently perishes the raid - so this would need feedback to support to identify the real villains

10. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Perhaps a report button on the folks that are doing this.

I dont mean a complaint ticket...but a button right there that allows instant stats to be sent to TPTB. No hearsay, no agenda, no coding; just stats to prove.

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Bottom line, know the right players and don't post raids to jobs , keep it private, don't assume a high level will do the right thing, do not invite day old players and if ya join a public raid get the min in ASAP and hope for the best

Micaylah likes this.
  12. As any of the older higher leveled players know, a new player that has not been in a raid before MAY make a mistake and accidently perish a raid. THOSE players you give a chance, work with them, teach them how to work a raid. As for the ones that purposely perish a raid, set it up so the next player that attacks it and other such issues should be able to #1 be reported for unfair gameplay and #2 be exempt from the hitlist cooldown nonsense. I know that there are 3 players that if I see them in a raid, I will NOT join because of their gameplay. I also feel that if a raid is not posted in the job chat, then no other player should be able to post it as that is a sign that it is a PRIVATE raid. There are players that will only attack with 1 stam and then sit for the rest of the time that the raid is going, yet they post it in EVERY possible place that they can, and THAT alone sets it up for the raid killers to step in and perish it, thereby killing the chances for actual decent players to reap the benefits of their efforts.

Micaylah likes this.