[VC] Holiday Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SparkleMotion, Dec 9, 2016.

1. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion Kano/Apps Support

Hi everyone,

Players from across our gaming communities have been asking us to host fundraisers for a while, and I’m happy to say that this holiday season we’ll be doing just that!

Starting on Monday, December 12th at 10am and going until Friday the 16th at 6pm, the Toy Sword will be available for purchase with FP. For every Toy Sword sold a percentage will be donated to Child’s Play, an organization that helps children through play.

[​IMG]

Since 2003, Child’s Play has been improving the lives of sick children and their families by providing video games, toys, and other fun stuff for kids to the hospitals, therapy facilities and support houses where they stay. These donations give kids the opportunity to enjoy age appropriate entertainment, interact with peers, friends and family, and offers a much needed distraction from what generally is an unpleasant experience.

We’re hoping that together across all our communities we can raise a lot of money and help a lot of kids!

For more information on Child’s Play please visit their website http://childsplaycharity.org/.

2. WorldB

WorldB Member

That's a nice idea. I'll buy 20 or more

SparkleMotion likes this.
  3. SparkleMotion

That's great to hear! :D

4. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

5. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Great idea!

6. I start my new job on Monday. I hope you guys do more of these so I can participate.

7. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Active Member

a perfect idea! :D

8. SparkleMotion

Congrats on the new job Karrine! We're hoping to do more fundraisers in the future, we'll post here and on Facebook / Twitter to announce them so keep your eyes peeld :)

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This promotion runs for 5 days, so everyone should be able to get a chance to get one if they want.

10. WorldB

WorldB Member

20 bought. Go get 'em folks

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

48 FP's a pop lol and ya bought 20 , lol

12. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Have to say this is a joke you shall have 30 fp for 1 of this items and 1 $ go to the kids... so rest go to kano :)))) Merry Christmas all

13. SparkleMotion

Hey Sus, it's $1 for every item sold, and since you can buy these items with FP, not directly with cash, you're able to play to earn FP, which will still result in $1 donated per item purchased!

14. Luis Ferreira

Luis Ferreira Member

Lets see the problem for the other side....
    IF you are a player who don't spend money and you acquire one or more Toy Train then Kano is losing money ....
    They don't force you to spend Money. They force you to spend FP that can be earned in the game without spending money.

15. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

The swords fine, but they changed the stats for the toy boat in VC. :mad:

16. Luis Ferreira

Luis Ferreira Member

in LC the same thing happened .... when i enter the page they announce 521 A 521 D, after bought it was 521 A 282
    Some people are asking for refund ...

17. Kirsten

Kano should just show good faith and put the stats back to what it was, before they even knew they were wrong, it is the right thing to do

18. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

The stats for the train were reduced - a coding error apparently :/

19. Kirsten

Yes I am aware and was aware of it even before kano

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Small point of clarification, the items themselves always had the correct stats (for example, the VC item was always 566A 305D), it was the pop-up that had the incorrect information.

I know that doesn't make this any better and believe you me, we all feel terrible about the mix-up and regret getting our charity drive off to such an inauspicious start. We are handling any and all returns for people who want them through Support.