[LCN] Elite posting problem

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Vic, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

Iam not sure about that but what i found that if they posted it in their feed and i click on that button it works

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Exactly. That has been my experience over the past week. The button on the profile page is gone, but you can join from the link posted in their feed. I'll check in a bit to see if I'm mistaken.

Backdoor Boo boo likes this.
  3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Here's a screenshot to show you what's going on, in case you don't know:
    upload_2015-11-19_20-50-52.png

Backdoor Boo boo and JADES like this.
  4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

No changes have been made to the profile page so if they have not recently Requested to fill those spots then the join button will not show to others.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/elite-captains.17371/
    Ugh. You're not getting it. Let me see if I can explain it another way.
    Before the change, if an active request was in the feed for less than 7 days, the "Join Elites" button would be on the profile.
    After the change, even though there is an active request less than 7 days old, the "Join Elites" button is gone.
    So you're saying that I have to repost my request every day so that it's "recent" and the "Join Elites" button will stay on my profile? First, that doesn't make any sense. Second, that's a lie. I'll won't even bother trying it to confirm it.
    Additionally, one of my pals that was in my elites when I posted my screenshot had a spot available because I didn't refill it yet. His link was grayed out so I could not fill it from the feed, AND the "Join Elites" button is not on his profile, so I cannot fill his spot.
    I could have posted more screenshots as examples, but 1) I'm tired, and 2) I shouldn't have to.
    This has been going on since the update was made. There have been numerous complaints in more than one thread, and we keep going around in circles. If I knew anything about coding, I would post it that way so that maybe you would understand, but unfortunately I don't. If anyone at Kano took 5 minutes to actually play the game, we wouldn't have to post screenshots and repeated explanations that THIS IS NOT WORKING THE WAY IT USED TO.

I just filled an active elite request from 16 DAYS AGO. This is the way this is supposed to work? PLEEASE tell me there's nothing wrong again, PLEEASE. Don't believe us? Try it out yourself with an active game profile (in live, NOT in test).

I just filled another active elite request from 10 DAYS AGO. Yep, this is working like a charm. Thanks!

Forget it. I know you all have more important things to do like rolling out the raid boss tab and releasing new locations that most of us won't be able to get to or benefit from for years. I just won't post my elite request again since it will be active off and on forever. And if I ever need any myself, I know I'll be able to go through all of the requests until I find some from a couple of weeks or so ago for non-daily players to fill mine. Problem solved!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    Backdoor Boo boo likes this.
  6. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

Cheers to that!

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It's happening again. Now, links are grayed out and you have to go to profile pages to join players' elites. Oh well, what's a few extra clicks, I guess.

Carina anja likes this.
  8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This has been going on for almost a year?

AXXO likes this.
  9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can't post screenshots about this, because I can't find anyone at the moment that has an active grayed out request in the feed, but you're able to join their elites by going to their profile page.
    But I run into this every 2 days. When I need elites, I check my syndicate feed using the elite filter, and everyone's requests are grayed out.
    But when I go to their profile pages, I'm able to click on the "Join Elites" button to add them to mine, and vice versa.
    I'll try to remember to post screenshots when I see this again over the weekend, since no one will believe me or even make a comment otherwise.

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Here you go:

Attached Files:

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks Jared.

I believe the problem is once the Elites fill up it invalidates those links but not vice-versa once a spot becomes available. Hmmm. We'll have to give some more thought on how to correct this.

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks. Think we can get an update in the next week or two about this?

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I guess Kanadian weeks are longer than weeks for the rest of us...

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks. Think we can get an update in the next year or two about this?