[LCN] Elite posting problem

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Vic, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Vic

Vic Active Member

there is a problem with the elite postings. i went to check mine today, and almost all of the ones that are now posted are grayed out, even though they have spots available. when i reposted my request, the players that helped me on my previous request still showed up, when this normally gets reset like for other postings (boss helps, challenge helps, job helps, etc.)

2. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i noticed this too, hopefully it will be looked at over the next few days. then the game will crash. then we'll get some more stamina. :D

3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Mine did not show any problem, function normally, and joined few too. I play on Server 1

4. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

maybe it's not a problem on facebook (no surprise there). i play on kong, and i don't know exactly when it started, but i would say around 2 days ago. very annoying, please fix it unless it will bring the game down.

5. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the heads up, I've got the developers looking into it. We'll try not to bring the games down in the process. ;)

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Seems a change that went out last week is causing a bit of an issue for Elites so let me explain what has changed, how it should be fixed now.

Last week a change was released that automatically "expired" Elite posts when those spots became full, ie: when the 5th and final spot was full. This was to address the annoyance of those links always being displayed as active (so long as you are not a current helper) when many of them could have been full. However due to the rolling nature of when individual Elites expire this can get inaccurate and a player's feed post link may be greyed out when in fact they do have room for 1 or more Elite.

Today a fix for this was released to check the status of the player's Elites when the feed post is rendered so this should be completely up to date. This is not an entirely perfect solution as there is a scenario in which you are a previous helper on an old Elites posts and this post hasn't been recently updated or the post itself has completely expired, the link will still be greyed out. End of the day it should function a lot better now and we will look to make further improvements so long as it is not going to affect performance.

Thanks for reporting this to us.

mi7ch likes this.
  8. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

so if i understand this correctly, this problem will be gradually fixed as players repost their elite requests? i only ask because i noticed this last week, and reposted my request on friday to reset it before the fix, but it's still not working properly. as players repost the requests now, that will clear out the incorrect coding from the previous request, correct?

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You should just need to refresh to pick up the code changes.

10. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

by refresh, i assume you mean repost the request, so i'll try that later on when i can log into the game.

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Yeah you are gonna have to re-post to pick up the latest changes if your Elites were ever completely full. Keep in mind the recruit Elites posts themselves have a max lifetime of 7 days at which point the link to join will be invalidated. Gotta keep it fresh ;)

12. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Actually, this doesn't ring true. I put in a ticket about it yesterday.
    I had tried to rejoin someone and their new request showed I had already joined. Which in fact, my spot was now empty and the link to join was whited out. Before, even if the link was whited out, there would be a message just above the elites that would say to join elites and I could click on that and join.
    Apparently, if you had been in someone's elites and they post a request for elites and your time expires, you cannot rejoin their elites again. This is just silly.
    I don't post for elites. I have people I like to keep in my elites and I also go through the home page elites tab to fill my elites.
    This new "change" where things are whited out in this section... change it back please. I don't recall people asking for this kind of "clean up" change even though I was told it had been requested.

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It acted the exact same way before so "changing it back" will not fix this issue. If you are a helper on a post that will automatically invalidate the link (see post #7 in this thread). These "helpers" get re-synced with each new person who joins through the feed post but as you can see this is far from a perfect solution. We have to balance usability with overall performance but there could be more changes coming in the future to address this. You can still re-join this players Elites but going to their Profile but I completely understand this is not the desired workflow.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    mi7ch likes this.
  14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I think I see how this is supposed to be working. I reposted my request a couple of days ago, and it appears that if I'm already in a player's elites, that request will not be highlighted. If I'm not and they have a spot available, it will be. I didn't go through a bunch of player profiles to see if that's actually the case, but that's how it seems to be working now. If this is the case, this is a great update.

15. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

Ahh... I'm so glad this has been addressed, it used to annoy me so much finding Elites via the feed! Good job guys!

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yes, but i'm not sure that it's been fixed. i only saw a few (maybe 4 or 5) active links i could click on last night. there used to be a LOT more available ones than that on a daily basis.

17. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Smack... I am serious about the fact that I could not join someone's elites from their profile. I sent in a ticket on this. Please ask the person who I have been discussing this in a ticket with. It also contained the link of the person whose elites I was attempting to join. Thank you.

Backdoor Boo boo likes this.
  18. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

yeah, something is still not right with this. there were only 4 or 5 available requests that i could join from the feeds last night, and there are normally a lot more than that. so everyone else already had all of their elites filled? i find that hard to believe.

19. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

The thing iam having the problem is when i go to a persons page and they need elites but not posted it yet there used to be a button to join if a spot was open now its gone

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There is a button to join somebody else's Elites from their profile page. However the way it works (and always has to my recollection) is that they need to send out the request to fill their vacant spots, then that button becomes available on their profile.

Kirsten likes this.