PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

We are referring to FB where we have a number of high levels cause of raids that were always cagers not ever doing reg fights if you looked at the fight stats on a now high level 12 k it is laughable but these players have taken caging to a new level of crazy and believe me they are spenders ,I cannot even fathom what it has cost them I see it in vc also just thank the gods there is no caging in that or the other games and I spend and have spent but not like I use to since raids I gave spending up for lent

2. greatM

greatM Active Member

Arr, i didnt realise it had tunred into a debate about fb as the thread title is " PC and cage matching "

I dont play fb.

But I will still play devil's advocate.

The number of cage attacks that a player can use per day is minimal compared to the number of attacks/ kills an annoying player can rain on a weaker player. assuming cage is limited the same as it is in PC.

I still don't see how a player using cage on a stronger player can possible compared to the harassment a stronger player can rain on a weaker in range player. Which happen far more.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Because you have a lot of high level players now who are using cagematching as a substitute for fighting. They cage and hide. If the caging option wasn't there for these pirates then they would be forced back into the game and have to attack. There is no reason to keep what is essentially a baby pirate feature for high levels. As we have been discussing in this thread, let the cagematching option be cut off for those pirates who have earned all of it's achievements. When you get to higher levels you don't need it anymore.

4. greatM

greatM Active Member

As I posted cage is a good way of adjusting att to get a kill, when it is used in that way it is a skill option.

How would it force player back in the game that use it? all it will do is reduce the options a weaker player has to play against stronger players.

In PC we have players that attack and hide with battle attacks. So how is that different? cage attacks are limited, battle attacks are not.

It seems to me stronger players don't want an option that allows weaker player to fight back?

5. Old Salt

Cagematching was introduced as a way for smaller pirates just starting out to have an option to fight back against stronger players. It was like training wheels though, eventually you weren't supposed to need it anymore as you grew in levels and strength. What happened though years ago you started having people build their whole pirates around it. All attack. No defense. No crew. Strictly to cage. KANO saw how the feature morphed into something it wasn't supposed to be and restructured it. Now with Raids you have the same thing happening. People are leveling too fast and coming into the range of pirates they aren't prepared for so you have them turning to caging. Caging and hiding. Eliminate the feature after all the achievements are acquired and these people will be forced to attack. Forced to build a stronger pirate. You know, do bosses for drops. Etc. Remove the crutch.
    There are eleven pages in this thread where all of this has been debated already. Go back and read them. In my opinion t's not enough of a reason to keep cagematching around for higher levels for "strategic reasons" as you're arguing.

6. greatM

greatM Active Member

It would seem to me that newer players espcially those that chose raid to level fast are at a disavatage in the game.

Surely they should have some way of fighting stronger players.

It is a war game after all.

Cage attakcs are limited.

The srtonger player can add def if they dont want to be caged.

The weaker players is limited on what they can do to a stronger player to fight.

7. Old Salt

Yes it is a war game. Thank you. Funny you're calling it that yet you are here defending caging. And cagematching is a lazy feature. All you have to do is keep adding to attack and have a decent loadout. That's it. You don't need crew and you don't need weapons, mateys or ships. So why should someone who utilizes the whole game have to keep adding to defense to adjust to someone who isn't?

And a weaker player is not limited in ways they can fight a stronger player. That's b/s. A cager argument. And plenty of us have overcome stronger players as we advanced. That is part of the strategy of the game. Not just to scale back your gameplay, add to attack and start caging. That's the quick and easy way out. These games are supposed to be a challenge.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Kirsten

A weaker player who chose to sidestep other aspects of the game chose that way we are not talking about new players we are talking about long-term players we are talking about FB what goes on on other networks I do not know or am concerned with when anyone over level 6 k with full clan who chose a loophole to play that is on them but not to worry cause kanonay do nothing about this issue as they implemented raid bosses and people spend and level with nothing to back up their level and have made a mockery of PC,no other hand has cages we have been trying for years to get nano to hear us one time they did listen some years ago and made the 50 limit but theses hit hiders are so weak I,even if you catch them once in awhile they give crap xp which I really do not mind what I mind is that the can cage and do nothing else

9. Kirsten

There us no harassment or bullying in a fighting game that excuse falls flat

10. Old Salt

Well according to this last post by Mitch the devs have suggested a solution to this so I would suspect they will be doing something about this now.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. greatM

greatM Active Member

Then I truly miss the point of this thread, as a player that can only cage, is most likely not able to get many kills if at all, and can not perform many cages on a player each day, so what is the issue? compared to what a stronger play can inflict on another= 5k attacks per day.

It seem that the stronger players do not want the weaker players to be able to do anything about being constantly attacked.

The thread is about complaining that one method of playing is being used by some, and some it would seem the stronger players with weak defence, are seeing it as a problem.

You cant have it both ways. As you say it is a fighting game, but the thread is arguing against players being harassed by some using the cage option.

but "There us no harassment or bullying in a fighting game"

12. Old Salt

Nobody here has a weak defense. You're equating caging with somehow being strong, and that's laughable. It doesn't take much to load up on attack and cage. These players don't need a defense because they hide so they can afford to throw everything they have into attack. And they don't need weapons, ships or mateys either because cagematching does not use those attributes in it's calculations. So they are using a baby feature to achieve something they are too weak to do otherwise. Win at something. You leveled up too fast with raids or just plain leveling with other people and find your getting your butt kicked left and right at higher levels that's your problem. You should have known better. The game shouldn't be providing you with a crutch like caging as a consolation prize.
    I'm glad we agree it is a fighting game. Cagematching isn't fighting. It's not much more than a pistol whip frankly since it barely uses anything other than attack and loadout. Your going to have to do better and go beyond the "but I'm too weak to do anything else" argument to keep it around. It should disappear as an option once all of its achievements have been reached, which is fairly early on in levels.

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Funniest thing i heard today. Someone saying a feature should be left to be able to use against long time players to stand a chance. Here is an idea. Why not build your character the right way and you will win against long time players. Caging has and always will be a weak tool used by weaklings. And using the concept of a kill shot. If your character was built the right way you would have more kills easier then having to rely on using a cage tap to get the job done. Your probably one of the players in the game who is moving way to fast and your getting yourself in a tough spot where the only way you can fight is caging. And if it wasn't for that you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. So yes caging is going. And more and more of the long time players are seeing what these raids are bringing up to their fighting is nothing but lazy cagers who run and hide. And then go offline for the day. So get used to it more of us are coming to make sure this is going to happened and it will be locked once your achievements are completed to be fair to everyone so they can get the skills for it.

14. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

OK here we go, I personally do not see a issue locking out caging once all achieves have been earned, but I do use cages to adjust my opponents health so I can kill them outright. I think the raids have been detrimental to overall gameplay, creating a bunch of kittens thrown into a pool of sharks.

15. greatM

greatM Active Member

I Have not equated a player using cage as being strong. I may suggest that they are being smart, but not strong.

Why do you consider it a baby feature?
    It is a legitimate feature it the arsenal of option each player has at their disposal. For which there is a counter option, i.e. building defence SP and having a good defence loadout.

What is laughable is the OP is arguing against a feature of the game that is at best annoying at worst a little harassing.

But shoot the whole thread logic down by posting > "There us no harassment or bullying in a fighting game"

Some of these top players that are arguing against cage, happily chain listing much lower level players and kill them when they hit back. For which the only defence is the protection button, which requires excessive attacks from the much stronger player.

Cage is an legitimate option in the game with significantly restricted use. It is not a baby option, you are just seeing it as such. The only reason for wanting it removed can only be it is annoying for the players that cant counteract it.

Park on the players page and kill then as soon as they heal.
    List them repeatedly.
    If you are unable to do either. Then just accept it, after all "it is a fight game."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  16. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have often thought that the whole system needs revamped, counters should not be based on your opponent s wealth but your own income, protection on bountys should be more like 3, bounty traps should be stacking like counters, and the ability to bounty should be limited to your battle list equation unless hit by someone outside of that first then Everyone could stop this bully talk and focus on the game and how to make it better

greatM likes this.
  17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I believe the sentiment behind the OP's suggestion of removing cages higher up in level is valid. Why give someone a tool (cage match) that they can use one stamina on for the stupidity of leveling to fast, instead of the other 3 games (which do not have this feature) and make them use the slider of up to 10 stamina per attack?

I know it's limited on cages per day, but that still isn't the point.:eek:

They made their bed, so make them lay in it. I still have no clue why people think it's a rush to get to the top, it's try to be the best your level. ;)

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  18. Old Salt

How is it being smart? To build your pirate around a feature that only allows 50 hits and only the first 25 I believe gives experience? That's smart to you?
    And you said in an earlier post that "...it would seem the stronger players with weak defence, are seeing it as a problem." So it seems you think that because stronger players are losing cagematches that they have weak defenses. Which demonstrates that you don't really have a grasp as to why these players are losing when they are caged. They are losing because the cagematcher attacking has a sky high attack level and the weapons, ships and mateys that just about everyone spends time collecting along with a full 2000 crew compliment are not factored into the equation here. Instead it's just the attack level and loadout of the player attacking against the def level and loadout of the player being attacked. To fend off a cagematch from such a player the one being attacked would have to have a lopsided defense.

I consider it a baby feature because when it was introduced (after the game had started) it was meant to help pirates just starting out fend off attacks from stronger rivals. That is how one dev described it in a facebook forum around three years ago when ways to reform cagematching was being discussed. It was never meant to become a staple of one's offense. Back then the dev felt that the original intent of the cagematch had been abused and that players were now building their pirates around the feature, which was never meant to happen. That's why you can only cagematch a total of 50 times against one player in one day. Back then you had players that caged people thousands of times a day and when you hit them back they gave very little experience because they barely had any crew. So that acted as a default defense for them. Remember cagematching only uses att/def and loadout. So cagematching was restructured so people who caged gave out more experience when attacked back.

No, it is very annoying when high levels cagematch you constantly and then hide all day. Which is what is happening now. They want to fight? Lose the cagematch and attack. If you can't do that at the high level you're at (I'm talking 10,000 plus) then you shouldn't be able to use some secondary short cut measure like caging.

Have no clue what you're talking about here. There is no cagematching in a fighting game. How about that? There is no way a feature that doesn't use all of a characters attributes should be used in a fighting game.

Yeah, tell that to the cagers that hit me every day. Good luck finding them with health. And that is the problem. They cage and then hide. All day. Only appearing for seconds either to cage again or put their health up if they are close to being killed by a whip.

No it is not a legitimate option. One that only uses a few variables in the game should really not be in it. Not when most of us spend time building pirates that use every attribute. Cagematching is only native to Pirate Clan. It's not in any of the other KANO games and those that play other games want no part of it from the comments I've seen. And there is no way to counteract it. Who is going to build a pirate with a sky high defense just to counteract a cager?

I've explained already why this feature does not belong in this fight game. And you cannot park on someone who is not there. Like I said, they want to "attack" then they can use the attack button. But the cagematching feature should be done away with once all of it's achievements have been reached. By that time the training wheels can come off and you should be able to ride without falling down.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

And when some cagers use a 37 % boost to cage, that is insane, and some lose anyway,so you can see they are not too bright do not do bosses, craft one has gifts as in his inventory, they are being lazy, when Kano implemented this along time ago , they said it was to AID new players till they got their full clan, it has now become a joke, with raids adding fuel to these cagers who are leveling so fast, faster than most players and have nothing to back up their levels with, when a cager can do 700 levels with a raid, and is weak , that is a problem. They have no intention of doing anything else to make their game strong.They chose to use caging as a loophole, do you really think a level 13K needs to cage, if they actually cared about their game, this one in particular was caging before raids with 37% boosts attacking players above his XP range, and then hides all day, since raids he has gone from a 7K to a 13K that is faster than people who level with someone can do, thousands of levels since cages started, he found an easy and expensive way to level, yet hides.

Old Salt likes this.
  20. Kirsten

Great M , can I ask how long you have been playing and approx , your level ?? just out of curiosity, when most long term players started playing caging was not a feature. If you do not play on FB I will go a step further and say to kano just get rid of it on FB, then so you can cage to your little hearts content, You won't catch me caging anyone have not done it since I was below level 1,000 and a few weeks ago in the heat of a battle I hit the cage button and was WTF lol and hoped no one noticed cause that is embarrassing :p

George Burd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.