Secret gift

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 1, 2015.

1. So, when people send you a gift, you won't mind them just giving you the 1st item available no matter what it is or simply randomly picking a gift for you? Seems to me that sounds like the same thing the Secret Gift did. At least by providing a useful item, whether people know to use it or if they even bother to, at least those of us who will use them in recipes\blueprints will know that not having a gift wishlist won't result in getting potentially useless gifts.
    Actually, that would be a cool feature to offer. I know I'd make use of it. Being able to set certain things to be automatically built if I have all the items & the money... I'd be all for it.

Chasity likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Totally agree,there is a very large %%%% of players who do not craft do bosses and have the memorial gifts in their wish list, they are either raid levelers or""" Peaceful""" players, an oxymoron in fighting games, but if they choose to be ignorant of all the facets of the game, even when I advise them of their bad choices, too bad, their problem and when most are enemies , it is in my best interest to keep them in the dark , muhahahahahahahahahaha:cool:

Chasity likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Jades was being sarcastic and I applaud and support his sarcasm :p

JADES likes this.
  4. As always Kirsten I enjoy having you participate in a conversation, you more than often have an anti-opinion to mine but that is exactly why you are so good at debating topics. Never lose that ability.

ADDENDUM: Kirsten, what about an option in your player settings that if a person sends a gift & doesn't have anything in their wishlist you can turn off the return gift option. That way it is up to each player whether or not they want to use it. This could eliminate wasting any of the gifts you can send to those that won't make use of them. EXAMPLE: Click on "Accept" in Alerts but the "Send Gift!" button simply won't appear.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  5. Kirsten

The "simplest" thing for kano is just to delete it from the list, I don't want someone sending it to me , as some do,and they have a wish list that does not include it, why don't they send what is on mine,so getting rid of it altogether will eliminate the whole issue, it is a useless gift for anyone as it is. Kano said it will be gone, so talking about it anymore seems useless :p

6. Twilight

Twilight New Member

Removing Secret Gift only made things MUCH worse. At least what I got with Secret Gift was somewhat random. I now get about 30-50 Zee Pipers per day because the gift interface only allows selecting a single gift type when sending to multiple people. Posting a new Idea to fix this issue.

For the record, removing Secret Gift was a HORRIBLE idea.

7. Kirsten

A secret gift is a nothing gift has no value whatsoever

8. Twilight

Twilight New Member

I thought it sometimes gave useful gifts? If not then never mind (it just gave the impression of being useful).

However, the current system is broken. If secret gift was useless, it was just hiding the flaw. There needs to be a way to give wish list gifts in bulk (or, failing that, random gifts that may or may not be useful). The big flaw is that sending gifts to individuals takes way too much time (unless you receive a gift from them) and you can only choose one gift to send to everyone if you send to multiple people.

9. Kirsten

There already is a thread on that idea and it may be moving in that direction.

10. Twilight

Twilight New Member

Hmm. Do you have a link to the thread you are talking about? I tried searching before starting my Idea thread but apparently didn't find it.

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

this is funny. nobody wanted the secret gift. now nobody wants all the zee pipers.

13. I say you add a gift we can send to the ENEMY!!!! something awful like a flaming arrow or cannonball :D just blow up their ship for S&G They die, you laugh and they get po'd and retaliate!! I love it.. this IS a game of killing!!! I myself would use my lots of gold to purchase fun toys like that !! Just base the cost on their level or bounty price. And maybe even make a low level restriction so someone doesnt cry lol. Sounds like a whole lotta fun to me! :)

14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

this brings to mind a couple of things. the law of unintended consequences. or murphy's law.

15. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I could see this being a "blast"! Pistol whipping kinda also does this same sort of thing. Pirates have taken it to an art form, getting in kills on their enemies.

16. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

it doesn't matter to me. secret gifts were useless, and zee pipers are useless, too. does it really matter what they are if you can't use the gifts you are sent?

17. I was pondering an idea for an alternative default gift - coins (either a fixed or random amount). It's useful to everyone & limited to what it can be used in the game for: buying property to increase your bounty, placing bounties, placing counter attacks, & crafting (those are all I can think of). They could even use the old image from the Secret Gift. Only thing to figure out is how much each should give. Nothing overly large, but still enough to make it worthwhile.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Chasity likes this.
  18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Why not? Does it really matter what useless gift is the default (secret gift, zee piper, or $1,000 cash) if it is still useless? I say make the finger the default gift, that seems appropriate.

19. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Jared - You may not be aware of this, even though your comment was probably sarcasm :) but the Fingers Gifts were memorial gifts for a fallen mate, Tom Land aka Fingers the Pirate. He was given 3 items and his items were the first ones of the memorial gifts. :)
    Of course, this was for PC, as I'm not sure what the other games have in gifts anymore. :)

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I was talking about LCN, Tillie. I wasn't talking about Pirates. While I have a tendency to be sarcastic, I would never make a sour recommendation about memorial gifts (although I never interacted with the players in game before they passed away).

Mabest likes this.