Secret gift

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

From their end ... minus the brain ... could be that missing canned message. "You are not a twit. I am. See me in hospital"

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

You have sent the Secret Gift to 1 of your friends You have 74 gifts remaining to send.

Had to :)

diva of destruction likes this.
  3. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Get rid of that Secret Gift! I hate the fact that this gift works to where it takes precedence over everything else when someone puts it with other items on their wishlist. Unless there is a plan to start using one or two of the drops from the stupid thing for crafting, it just needs to go.

Chasity, The Navigator and Kirsten like this.
  4. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

The secret gift isn't so secret anymore... :rolleyes:

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  5. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I agree! It is a leech on the gift wish list, sucking from the other gifts all of the requests. It is a pain to have to go to clan's profile page, when one shows up to give to them, in order to give them a better gift (wouldn't want a reputation of being one who gives the secret gift, hehe).

The Navigator, Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yup some people have no clue that they should even be crafting and their wish lists consists of the secret gift and all the memorial gifts, those are the ones who tend to send the secret gift, to me, I notice, even though it is not on my wish list :confused:

The Navigator, Mabest and Chasity like this.
  7. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

So these guys know the "secret memorial items" but not the whole concept of crafting... Weird, huh? :D

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i LOVE secret gifts! if you play LCN on server 2, send me your link so that i can send YOU secret gifts! today, tomorrow, the day after that...

The Navigator and Kirsten like this.
  9. Kirsten

Make sure you send it with a receipt , so I can exchange them :p

10. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

in the words of the infamous Frank Costello... "no tickee, no laundry"

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Can we get the outhouse back? o_O That gift was perfect gift to make a statement to clan, with no message involved. :)

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This one?
    [​IMG]
    Tis a fine looking outhouse. Are there others that would want this 1 Att / 1 Def Gift back? This was likely pruned a long while back when we were cleaning up the gifts list. It can certainly make a triumphant return.

The Navigator, JADES and Jon Ward like this.
  13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If Smack is OK with it we can probably bring back the outhouse, but before anyone starts getting misty over old Gifts I'd like to propose a more elegant solution to bringing back old ones: Gift Deathmatch!

Every game has a decent backlog of Gifts (some seasonal so they're exempt) so if there are Gifts that people would like to see come back we can pit them against each other in a no-holds-barred, winner-take-all match to the death! Or a poll, whichever works. :)

The Navigator, JADES and Smack like this.
  14. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I would like the outhouse. So long as i can gift it to non captains to let them know what i think of them.

Chasity likes this.
  15. Kirsten

You are evil lol

16. Vic

Vic Active Member

i don't remember ever seeing this. is this in mob wars? if not, can we get a crapper or something that we can send?

The Navigator likes this.
  17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That's only in Viking Clan.

18. Now that the secret gift is gone on all the games, the first item on the list now becomes the default even if it's almost totally useless? That needs a change...

I was thinking last night (almost set off smoke alarms in the house) & came up with what I believe is a logical solution that should be relatively easy to implement: Go through all the recipes\blueprints in each game & find the most needed gift item for people to have to make the majority of items. Then put that gift at the top of the gifting list. EXAMPLE: If in PC the most needed item was the Diamond gift, it would be in the #1 spot so that players by default would get it. This way players would be guaranteed a useful gift if they don't make their own choices as to what gifts they want.

An exception to the rule would be hidden recipes\blueprints. The items needed in those would be ignored in figuring out what gift would become the new default.

Chasity likes this.
  19. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I vote no! If they have no intelligent requests that would help with crafting, why give them a gift that they wont have a clue what to do with?

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

What next auto pilot crafting?