Cheating at the game and what is Kano doing about it?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this is great news! i never exploited any of these loopholes before, but now i know that i can! i will start doing so right away so that i can get to Midgard Ocean before the end of this month (i'm currently in VGT). so let's go ahead and get this started now... when's the next location coming out? i want to make sure Kano is keeping up to speed with my rapid leveling.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Ok Kel why you bring me up as a Super C Dog you know better.

This whole debate is ridiculous. Not because there is no cheating but because we have talked ourselves til we were blue in the face and not a damn thing has changed. The game is rife with cheating and its tolerated or the cheaters are one step ahead of the detectors.

Not gonna even bring up any of the crap I have seen over the years. In fact, the only thing i will mention is that how sorry I am for people that feel they have to cheat at an RPG to do well. Poor Bastards. I will stay around until i cannot tolerate it anymore and then I will stop. You gotta cheat and you have to justify it the worse I feel for you. Do you teach your kids its ok to cheat? Oh thats right its ok to steal from the IRS too.

And Kano, shame on you. But, if you can live with yourselves who am I too judge.

3. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

using a mouse and a touch on screen isnt really effective. It's easier just to have two windows opened side by side, one centered around healing and the other to do your boss attacks, mob attacks or hunting....This is my usual way of playing! Takes advantage of a multi touch touchscreen.

4. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Cheating is one thing. Taking advantage of loopholes is another. I feel worse for those players, because you know that they would cheat if they could, they just think they are outsmarting everyone by not cheating outright.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

"http://www.speedtest.net/result/4274412558.png"

not sure if i'm totally nerfed from the very start or not lol.

I have to say that I've got VC up and running on two devices, maybe even three devices at the same time (PC [always on], smart phone [always on but VC window sometimes closed - sometimes not], tablet [always on but VC window sometimes closed - sometimes not], but I'm only using one at a time - if there's a one window, one device policy enforced I suppose I could just log out on the other devices, but one thing I'm sure of... I'd sometimes forget - so, if such a policy was enforced can Kano track "inputs" from different windows/devices and only punish people actually "using" different ones simultaneously and leave people like me, prone to "senior moments", alone?

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As I said in my original response in this thread, the use of multiple devices, as long as it does not grant what Support deems as an unfair advantage is permitted. We can absolutely tell when players are using multiple tabs/browsers or devices and other specifics about their play. GATMAN may say that he feels like it gives him an advantage, but that is up to Support to determine.

George Burd and Birkebeiner like this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Pfffft yeah and they also determine the things we see are ok , well that does not install much confidence in me that much will be done except a slap on the wrist if that

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  9. Kel the Merciful King

So for example, I have complained about some super play by some mediocre otherwise players, and its still under investigation any time I add to the file. So when they can heal and attack at the same time, no pause for anything, that is ok by you? This two device play puts me or anyone else at a disadvantage combined with the use of an autoclicker or macro on the hitting end.

I guess you guys have no clue of what is fun and fair to all. Perhaps you need to be at the other end of this?

Furthermore, one can provide unretouched evidence about superskill play and nothing is done. Support is full of my tickets and to me, there is no point of further complaint as nothing has been done to curb it. And I am only one player. There are other victims here as well: anyone who has hunted or tossed a bounty has been victimized at some point by this souped up play.

Frankly, you get no star from me and no money either.

And like someone else stated, I myself too may have multiple devices logged into the game, mostly inadvertantly but to date, they have not been simultaneously used. To do so, I gather is fine and dandy which causes a huge shudder to my values which will not be compromised for a game.

10. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Like I've previously mentioned, everyone has an opinion, and is entitled to have their say however, not everyone is going to agree with your position on the subject of whats cheating and what is not. I don't play on facebook, nor any other server except kanoplay so I don't have a taste of all the madness that you and your fellow complainers are speaking upon. I tossed my opinion out there, just as I am entitled to do as well. For the first time I've noticed, Kel, you have admitted to having usage of multiple devices in game as well. The fact that you claim you dont use them at the same time, is pretty much my position as well, kind of.

It's easier, and more efficient to have multiple tabs and multiple windows opened at the same time. I believe efficiency gives an advantage. The use of one pc to communicate with your crew and another to do your attacks and assists is efficiency in game play too , advantageous; yes however in no way is it unfair or a shudder in good moral values.

I've noticed your posts in other areas of the forum(s) where you reference my statement as an open statement of cheating, and that's inflammatory and accusatory which are both more of a violation in the terms of play/use with Kano then using multiple devices to access your account/game.

THE FOLLOWING IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF ADVANTAGES THAT ARE NOT CHEATING OR VIOLATING TERMS OF SERVICE: THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT BUT A SIMPLE STATEMENT FOR OPINION SHARING....

I play mobwars, which most know. There is two players, that are 2000 levels lower than me, that recently spent thousands of dollars on Godfather weapons. One of them is a restart due to kano restricting his old one, for violations in the TOS. Both of these players can use the 37% boost option to attack me, one of them wins so fights now by doing so. I find that both have an advantage over me in two forms: the amount of money they've spent to create their accounts, and the fact the game allows them to boost their stats by 37% to attack me, but I can not do the same to retaliate. I believe the boost attacks are an unfair advantage when you are not allowed to do the same back to a rival, but that is no fault of the player whom has been able to take advantage of them.

To end, simply because one person views their opinion/position as correct and righteous doesn't make it reality!

11. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Being able to play night and day is an advantage, but not unfair
    Being able to play at home and at work is an advantage
    Setting in the car waiting for the kids to get out of school, being able to play on the mobile is an advantage

These are the direct correlations of what said, when i stated that i play on multiple devices.

George Burd likes this.
  12. Kel the Merciful King

"openly admit to being one of the players that uses more than one pc at the same time, and it does give me an advantage.""

All the rest of it, is just spin spin spin.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Those players who you speak of are playing with in the confines of the game, money and boosts are really not "unfair" advantages, they are not violations of any TOS. We all have players that boost to win ,cause they are weak players. If ya want to talk about advantages , how about these raids, don't even get me started on that hot mess, yet it is Kano who implemented them and IMO did not even see how this would affect the games in such a negative fashion as it has, and will continue to be, and all the new alt accounts started because of them, it is out of control. The raids give an advantage to mediocre players who leveled themselves up,some thousands of levels that took the majority of players,years to do, they are weak they use boosts they are a Joke,, have a huge advantage,but within the confines of the TOS. :(

But unless you worded your first posts wrong,you did admit to using two computers at the same time to get an advantage, using a phone or tablet while waiting around ,to play the game is one thing, using two computers at the Same time is another. I take my laptop with me to work, cause I have alot of down time at work, if I want to do a 3 calendar and have no time to open up the laptop I will use the phone .

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  15. Kel the Merciful King

Delrik ... Maxmillian ... Andrei ... did not delete this.

16. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

using multiple devices at the same time to play is cheating , an unfair advantage . you can try to justify it any way you wish but if your doing something that others can't your a cheat . others may not be able to afford to add devices so they should be disadvantaged ?

maybe kano should charge multiple device players a fee and add this money to a fund to buy one device players a second device ? there is president , major league baseball does something like this . lol

allowing players to use multiple devices at one time is allowing players with money to buy levels . gee , where have i heard this before . hey , kano , allowing this type of play will cost you money paying players . if we spend on equipment we can't spend in the game .

17. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

well said :)

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  18. Marius

Marius Member

Of course using multiple devices for a game designed for one device is cheating. Spin it any way you want, but if you're doing that you're a cheat.

19. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

apparently it's not because players do it every day and nothing ever happens. it seems they're too worried about handling complaints from players for igns. that has a much more negative impact on the game than cheating/exploiting loopholes does, after all.

20. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

using your phone for challenges is no different than someone having lcn open on 5 tabs or more on there screen maybe the people using the phone there computer is not powerful enough handle multipages of lcn. All i got to say is some worry way to much about the cheating, some that you complain about cheating are also the ones paying your way to play a free app.. Reference South Park epidisode Freemium Inst Free. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/south-park-freemium-isnt-free-review this episode explain's why the do what they do when it comes to cheats. This episode puts a south park twist on it and helps explain free games

George Burd likes this.