KP2 into KP1 Platform Merger

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Kel the Merciful King, Mar 8, 2015.

?

Merge KP2 the Old Myspace with KP1 Facebook, or Let KP2 die nicely in the trend its going?

1. One Battlefield! Merge em! I want to kill em all wherever they are!

81.8%
  2. Let KP2 die on its lonesome with less and less player interest ....zzzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz

18.2%
  1. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I don't think this thread is going to do anything to be honest.
    Given that Kano claim to have 1.5 million people playing VC 2 million playing ZS 1 million playing LCN and 750,000 playing PC...these 10 votes won't mean anything.

2. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Most likely you are right Survival Streak, but all true vikings never go down without a fight.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  3. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

AlterEgoT and neill1990 like this.
  4. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

I say merge em! I have an account on FB which I never use. Taking my account to FB would put me in the top 50 over there. Since my FB account has a similar name to the one on Server 2, I could change it and move it over there. The merge would give me alot more rivals!

5. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I play on FB and never see popups. It is easy to block them by going into your settings and clicking on what you allow or do not allow.

6. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Actually you don't need to play the FB version at all to play VC on KP1: you can use the Canvass version which is identical to the KP2 environment, no ads, no nothing.

The idea bearer is wanting the simplest of all: keep logging into KP2 but play with the common battlefield. No one is forcing anyone to use FB period. However you log into KP2, u carry on. You just see a new world.

Maybe even make it a choice with an option for KP2 diehards who wish to stay locked into the the KP2 universe (keep the KP2 account if you have multiple accounts) and stay solely seeing and competing on that battlefield. Even throw Kong/ Armor up as a choice as well: come to the Battlefield where most players are, or stay where you are at ... with one caveate: come as you are and agree to play with the account you bring only. If you have an account already accessing the battlefield of choice, it must cease being accessed.*

*I am none too sure about the cease being a one time choice: players do want to start over, and since they have an account, get consent of the operator to switch could made a viable rarely used option.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  7. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well if they ever did a merge i demand a refund on the money i have spent on the game if this ever comes to it...

9. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Having more competition would be great! MERGE MERGE MERGE!!! :D

Snowtiger likes this.
  10. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

KILL EM ALL :mad::p

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Merging sounds great in theory but it would be a disaster for the server 2 players and besides that, im 99.9 percent sure that kano has said merging the 2 servers was impossible. So, back to my first statement.....the fb players have had so much more available to them in terms of bosses and coin that it would take years for any of the server2 players to catch up to fb players at our respective levels. I'll use my forum buddy jades as an example.....We're the same kind of player and he's slightly lower in levels than me but has had the chance to hit thousands more bosses gaining more drops than i ever could if i played 24/7 on server 2 since the game was created, same thing with coin and profit. The imbalance is too much for most to overcome and most of the server 2 players would end up quitting or rarely playing........and thats all i have to say about that

AlterEgoT and JADES like this.
  12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Interesting , some of these things I had not even considered .

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm with Demonik on this. Of course, FB players wouldn't be opposed to this, because they'll have a bunch of new cannon fodder to dump stamina on if we ever get sent over. I say just let us play in our own little cocoon as long as we wish until we get bored or find something else to do.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. chip lock

chip lock New Member

i say merge em .... altho i'm sure someone brought this up but alot of peeps have accounts on both and have spent cash on both .... hope there will be some kind of compensation .... how about merge Kong and Armor with kp2 1st see how it goes ... or hell merge em all

15. Black Rose

Black Rose New Member

I don't believe a merge would be impossible. I used to play a war app called "Lore" which was up on MySpace. The owners (Ground and Pound) decided to pull it off of MySpace cause they got tired of dealing with them. We were then put up on our own server, just like KP2 is on now. That server was then connected to the FB side of Lore so we all played together as one app. So I'm pretty sure if Ground and Pound can do it, so can the devs at Kano*. So, in essence, all you would have to do is log into KP2 like you do now to play, and will be playing with the FB people too. It actually was much better than playing from FB as the app ran faster on its own server. The only reason that Lore was closed up was because of a dispute in money with the owners, not because of the move to its own server. The owners ended splitting up, and the one that owned the rights to Lore had it shut down. Ground andd Pound to this day, still has 3 active war apps which you can play either on FB or from a web portal.
    Business wise, it would be a good move. I'm sure that Kano isnt really making much off the players on KP2 anymore because it really is so dead over there. Why spend anymore money on a dead app? I certainly wont. I see people just log in to do dailies and then log out. Only a handful of people are doing anything there anymore. Why pay for a server and not make a profit? FB is busier, people will spend to try to catch up a bit, even tho I think you may be surprised that the KP2 people may have quality built accounts. Building is part of the game, and I dont think that if any catching up that has to be done, wont take long. And as far as your comment about KP2 players will end up quitting or rarely playing? Thats whats been happening on KP2 since the MySpace move. Rarely, do we see any new players coming to the game, and if we do, they trickle in from FB or Kong, see its not that busy, and really dont play that much. Perhaps even some of the players that have left will come back to play. Why play on an app where people are leaving left and right. More players = more fun :) So, stay on a dead game? or merge with FB which I think is an awesome idea~ Its only a matter of time that KP2 will probably be gone. Apps shut down due to lack of money. Its a business* We should make the best of our hard work and monies spent to be able to keep on playing.

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

If ya already playing on FB which alot are, then ya have a place to play :)

17. i play both servers, I think demonics idea that server two players wouldnt stand a chance in fb is ridiculous. The server two game was pretty rightous when it was attached to a social network. All the server two players have spent time and money building their character up and they just fight the same dedicated 50 people. they deserve to play on a server with people actually playing. the server 2 game is dead and hasnt seen any growth to speak of since myspace dropped the game. Please merge the two, anyone playing both servers could pick the character they wish to keep and then go at it on a server with people playing, you know like it used to be when it was attached to the myspace social network. please kano make this happen

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just checked in with the developers and we currently do not have any plans for merging the FB/KP1 server with server 2. Despite appearing to be a relatively simple undertaking, it would actually be fairly difficult to successfully merge all of the data. We are not ruling that possibility out entirely for some future date, but a server merger will not be happening for the foreseeable future.

That said, I am in the loop on efforts being made to draw more players into both severs and try to make things a bit more lively. I also appreciate the creative thinking on behalf of the OP and others in the thread. :)

Edit because I re-read the thread: Account transfers between servers are also not possible.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Kirsten, George Burd and neill1990 like this.
  19. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

merge merge merge,lol :p

20. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I say move them over :)