Secret gift

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Can you get rid of the secret gift, I do not have it in the wishlist, but players seem to want to send it,I don't need it or want it why do they choose to send it, anyway it is useless, so Please delete it ,so people stop sending them, Thanks :)

Debra Otter, Deblovscats1 and Mabest like this.
  2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I remember I heard, a few years ago it seems, that they were retiring this. It is a PITA when someone keeps sending you something not on your wishlist. I thought that's what wishlists were for. Maybe make it so that if someone has all their wishlist spots filled then they can only be sent something from that.

Sour_Rubbish likes this.
  3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I was under the impression a secret gift was not a actual thing it was a random gift from the wish list, often used by low levels when you had no gift list set or the items were too high of level for them to send

AlterEgoT likes this.
  4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I'd actually like the ability to just turn off gifts all together. I have plenty of all of them.

5. Kirsten

Someone wasting my time sending me something I cannot use to craft, is annoying,I always need things for crating,always out of something.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  6. Kirsten

Sometimes , that is true, but I am not even talking about some new players , in this instance, and I know a few of my friends who have people sending them the mystery gift item, if they removed it, maybe when they return a gift it will come from my wish list. :)when sending after helping on an adventure, I would think it would automatically send at least the first thing on my list. I have even written to the ones who send it and ask them to send something from the list, but they do not respond,sometimes I think they are robots :p

7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Actually i had the idea of the secret gift being allowed to use them to craft with another item. So say if you need the lantern and map and didn't have enough maps left you could use the secret gift in its place. Or at least that was my theory. Because i only have about 9k or more in secret gifts.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Now that is funny , 9K in secret gifts, and they never have a surprise inside , like cracker jacks do :(

9. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I know it has disappointed me. Maybe ill stick some of that dynamite gift under the secret gift and produce some confetti

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Old Salt

You always need new gifts if you want to continue crafting.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Sure, later on when I get new craft options. And then I could turn the option back on. However, for now all these gifts are just a bother.

12. Kirsten

, IMO,it is a good idea to look ahead and see what ya gonna need and have some stockpiled so when ya reach a new item to craft, ya can craft a slew of that item :)

Jon Ward and Old Salt like this.
  13. Old Salt

You gotta look long term dude. Like Kirsten said, you try to stock up on gifts you may need for future crafting and besides that you just don't stop crafting items anyway because you feel you have enough. You never have enough if they are being used by your character.

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I can't remember this ever being on the chopping block to be honest, must have been before my time. I'll ask the developers about it as long as the "bring back the secret gift" people don't come out of the woodwork. ;)

15. Kirsten

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA don't jinx it :cool:

16. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

bring back the secret gift, plzzzzzzzzzzzzz... hahahahaha

AlterEgoT and Kirsten like this.
  17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

18. Old Salt

Maybe a better idea Mitch would be to make it so only the gifts that are being asked for can be sent because otherwise we're just going to run into this problem again with another unasked for gift.

Jon Ward, Aapje and Deblovscats1 like this.
  19. Kirsten

Any word of the secret gift idea, I am still getting them and no idea why ,PLEH

20. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I've begun deleting/declanning pirates after requests that they not send them to me get ignored (if they are at a couple hundred or more in level, as newbies/lowest levels don't always have the option of sending some of the gifts). I can only send 100 gifts a day, & want to reciprocate with all who send me something; & need the gifts for the blacksmith. :)

George Burd likes this.