Random Raids to All Games, No more Raid Events

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Kel the Merciful King, Feb 24, 2015.

?

Raid Bosses: Random or Event?

1. Random in game

69.7%
  2. Keep event style

15.2%
  3. Other with reason please

15.2%
  1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

When the idea was initially presented of the Raid Bosses, my interpretation was that there was the magic of just doing your adventures, and what turned out to be keys, were randomly dropped. I presumed these were very very rare and also that the "Raid" was not an event but an "anytime thing."

Its proposed that they be made part of the games at all times and that rather them be the leveling vehicles they turned into in PC and VC, that they be made more into strengtheners in others ways: yes you get some XP for your stam but you also get battle drops. The healing of the raid party as it is remains. The battle drops would not be excessive to destroy the regular game play but sufficient to make up for the opportunity cost of doing the Raid v. doing your own adventures.

It is proposed that by anyone at anytime a Raid Boss could be launched. After one variety is completed, the next variety would be available (this is to save what ever code/art Kano has invested in at this point unknown).

*They* would be extremely difficult to kill over the 7 days to kill them. Killing them would have a reward to it but they might show up once in 100 to 500 levels per player (inversely proportional by level to avoid alt play as well as to recognize that not all levels are as easily attained).

There may still be the occasional public Raid boss but it ought to be rarely seen.

This would encourage more social interaction, and if you got one, you shared it with whom you knew could help or who you wanted to help gain any benefits to them.

In contrast, when the Raid Bosses are based on event style, the rest of the game goes quiet, and rapid changes in rankings are taking place that is destroying rivalries that took months if not years to develop. They became an uber boss for leveling and any tom dick or larry could launch one, in trade for adventure drop attempts.

The game operator is thinking of changing the monthly frequency of them, but rather than adjust the frequency, could this alternative be a better fit into regular game play that seems to suffer greatly when the "Event" is on, be less damaging to the game (in ranks and in CC player advantages), and to player sentiment be more appealing as there is at least some strategy built around building alliances and sharing what spoils you have been lucky enough to get from game play.

I put this out there for resolution to what I see otherwise a disaster, as a long time player. This might not be the solution: it is likely that if this was implemented at any time in your inventory of bosses, there would be a raid boss or two to hit if you are a decent player and this may make you barf at the thought. But it might rationalize the numbers of them in public during an event, that seems to cause many of the distortions in regular game play. It may also preserve rivalries that are being destroyed and the game itself that some feel is now destroyed. It may also have other benefits in mundane things like identifying multiple account players.

Please discuss and vote!

2. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

remove it , quick and easy fix to the overall games.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I think it's the perfect solution to these raid bosses, people being able to have at them at will during an event just makes them stale and takes away from what was supposed to be a cool and fun new feature. Let's make it what it was supposed to be in the first place.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  4. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I think this works for the lower levelled players as well. Grinding through the first four or five worlds is the first 500 hundred levels and could easily net two RBs. If they are always there but different from month to month then they could be ignored by some players and abused by those that enjoy them continuously.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I, for one could care less about these stupid raid bosses, but seems like here to stay.

The leveling accrued from these is insane for credit card players. What took us years in level's to get, a enemy can simply swipe the CC now day's and presto fixed their build "some what"

Not to sure on the whole battle drop part's on a raid boss, they are already getting the "hollow" level's out of it. Which is their decision to do so.

I kinda like the idea of random event, but this will turn into "who knows who" kinda of thing.

My honest opinion is scrap the whole thing. Burn the program, before it kill's the game.

6. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

In principle I like this idea, assuming that the key drops are very rare. That would also solve the leveling issue. But I do worry that most people will give these bosses to a few top players.

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Sorry , I appreciate Kel coming up with a solution, all I can say at this point, is I don't like them and they have already done damage to the games, so no more raids.

8. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

look kano u make diferent kind of people agree...

diva of destruction likes this.
  9. ben

ben Active Member

yep it takes all kind of people to make the world go around ... i agree take them out and give us the content that web need in the games ;)

10. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I like the idea that they are not events and are around all the time...For myself on Lcn they do not work for me. I noticed this time around alot of raid bosses only had 2 or 3 high level players on them.
    Something needs to be looked at that's for sure...They have died before they even got off the ground.

11. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

For LCN there is no traction to them and a VC player there told me, they are very expensive to hit - > imply level with / get minimums and he was around level 7500, a pretty high level there. The "very" was relative to VC where in both VC and PC there was a lot of traction to them at least in my experience and most VC players as well.

Just in case, by traction I mean the ability to level to replace energy so one could get a lot of levels out them for the stam expended.

Make no mistake: my preference would be to kill them out of the games period ( http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/raid-boss-should-they-stay-or-should-they-go.13888/) but if a "medium" point exists between the game operator who has invested in them and sees a popularity to them (I don't share the "popularity" observation for various reasons v. the gamer sentiment which is nearly universally against them), I suggest this "random" fix to balance what may be a good thing in that form, v. the event format which has many negatives to the gaming activity that it would appear most do not like on sentiment at all.

Goldykat, Deblovscats1 and Lasinagol like this.
  12. Vic

Vic Active Member

i like the random in game idea

Lasinagol likes this.
  13. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i like the raid bosses an u people are just getting mad bc u dont like them well if u dont like em why are u entering into the raid bosses no offense just saying...if u are spending your own money it is your own fault which means u are just addicted to the game u wanna put money into it so dont be blaming kano for what they bring out for us at least it does give us easy level up an some favor points when u level at least that is free so my point is why complain it is just an add on content..an the way i see it i like it to my standards without spending cash..so stop your complaining have a good day all...

P.S. your putting your money into the game at your own Risk so quit complaining an just play the game the way it should be played no argues in needed with this Feature..

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Raids are new they have not been how anyone has leveled until a few months ago, and your or anyone's, endless ,mindless clicking will only make you weaker, unless you or anyone has the smarts to be able to back up the level anyone may find themselves in, so many will become victims.
    Then I bet there will be a different kind of complaining, as rushing thru levels will make no one strong, the game is not all about skill points .

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  15. Vic

Vic Active Member

i can't really relate to this, but i think kel's point is that players can get massive levels in a matter of days that other players have taken months (if not longer) to get. if it's not at the same time once a month, then the rest of the game won't slow down while everyone is focusing on raids. you can open one whenever you want and throw money into it if you want to, and other aspects of the games (fighting, regular bosses, etc.) won't be affected as much.

16. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i agree, don't make it an event, just make it so that you can open them up whenever you want like regular bosses.

Lasinagol likes this.
  17. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

But very, very rarely. It should take 6 months to a year to find enough keys (for any job). Then players can still do an average of about 25 raids in that time period. That would be 2-4 raids a month.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Lasinagol likes this.
  18. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I like the raids but they do offset the game, so my thing is they have 4 of them now. Let's do them like a regular boss and regenerate after 4 days, but instead of it being a public event like it is, and to slow down alot of problems I would say make this a syndicate event where one of the leaders can start this and only the group can do them, this way you are in 1 only and we can still have the regular game going. I wouldnt change much at all about any of it the xp for higher tiers suck, we showed kano, dont know when it will change if ever, beside the point i once mentioned a 10 raid limit at any given time. But with being a syn. event clan or what its called to by it's app. these issues with non healers, and people taking spots for no reason, also they a few mentioned what once was enemies now are friends in a PVP game. Please think about making them team boss, that we can start the next one when we finish one. And not have 50 to 100 items in a matter of 8 days

Lasinagol likes this.
  19. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

If we do it like that i still say a 10 raid limit for the hoarders out there, I am one of them that will join many, and I would hate to see this but I am looking at fairness across the board on these. When you finish 1 of the 10 you then could join another. This would put the focus on beating a raid more if you cant join one till one is defeated

Lasinagol likes this.
  20. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Justin, you are in the wrong game! VC is a FIGHTING game! LOL There are plenty of ways to level up faster without the Raids! I know because I did it! LOL:p

And you are bad mouthing players who spend money in the game, if it were not for the ones who spend money how long do you think Kano would survive??

AND Of COURSE we are addicted to the game, why else would we play for years & years & invest our money to build our character the way we want them??? :p