[LCN] Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello Mobsters!

Next Wednesday, February 4, we will be making changes to both the format and the scheduling of the Battle Arena. The Battle Arena for Mob Wars: LCN will now run every other Wednesday on the alternating time slots of 10:00 am Pacific and 4:00 pm Pacific. These times are not set in stone and after a couple of runs we will look at adjusting the time slots if they prove to be inconvenient for the majority of our players.

Here is what the schedule will look like for the first few weeks so you can get an idea:

Wednesday February 4 at 4:00 pm PST
    Wednesday February 18 at 10:00 am PST
    Wednesday March 4 at 4:00 pm PST
    Wednesday March 18 at 10:00 am PST

The new Battle Arena format can be found below. This update has been through a few iterations on Viking Clan and has been tuned with player feedback to strike a balance between our goals for the feature and what the players found fun about the "old" version.

• The Battle Arena now lasts 24 hours
    • Battle Arena ranking is determined by Score. Score is earned by attacking other opponents. The more Score you earn, the higher you place!
    • The Battle Arena has two phases: Brawl and Sudden Death. Brawl lasts for eight hours and players have to option to revive and join the fight if they so wish (this is entirely optional during Brawl Phase). Sudden Death does not have revives. Once a player is dead, they are out! At the start of Sudden Death, all unconscious players are brought back into the fight. When a competitor is knocked unconscious during the Brawl phase, they lose 5% of their score.
    • When players are knocked unconscious during Brawl Phase, they are removed from other player's saved target lists.
    • The barrier to entry for the Battle Arena will be lowered to level 250 on all networks.

All other Battle Arena mechanics are the same (with the exception of Kill Rewards, which are only earned in Sudden Death). The Held doc will be updated for the new Battle Arena which should hopefully answer any more questions you might have.

We wanted to give you guys plenty of notice before rolling out these updates. These are a lot of changes at once so apprehension is natural, but these changes are a week out so there is time to adjust. :)

Angela Brown likes this.
  2. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

So for us in Europe we can now expect to see BA start at around 6-7 pm and sudden death mode at 2-3 am or ba starting at midnight and sudden death at 8am every time.

That you really got to do better.

Aapje and Mirana like this.
  3. Yep, I agree with Dcasso, the timings really do suck for European players. Some of us do sleep and go to work...

Jess, Aapje and Mirana like this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This schedule is up for debate based on how the first couple of Arenas go, so if this timing does not work out for the majority of our players after some runs then we will change it. :)

5. Thanks Mitch. I am sure that you agree that for it to be the same schedule week in week out will only favour players in a certain time zone. How about 2 weeks in favour of PST and 2 weeks in favour of GMT; give or take an hour or two?

S E T H, Aapje and Mirana like this.
  6. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well at least rotate it on a 6 hour schedule so everyone gets some that works out for them. But setting them at fixed times ignoring european players is really screwing over a big part of the player base.

57chevygal, Aapje and Mirana like this.
  7. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

i am hoping all these changes being made to lcn are for the best! it seems most all is geared towards big spenders and not builders

Christel Lejon and celticdog like this.
  8. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

great. so now i'm down to 2 or maybe 3 a month to only 1. but hey, i can always do raids for levels and xps in the meantime, right?

9. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

seriously no more arena changes please.. keep it to vc only , dont ruin the rest of your games

10. im the beast

im the beast Member

please dont do this to zs i mean id never get to start one at those times i mean never what wrong with weekend i think every1 can make time on weekends and hey hey its close to payday u know weekend bas lol

11. Mirana

Mirana Member

well i like the new changes so Hide P***ies with 100 attacks stay out of the top 20.....BUT like other mentioned before the Starttimes are really bad... and like always only for Europe... i mean who can play on a Wed. 1am BA and get up early in the morning and go to work? A little bit fairness for the european Player would be nice.

Christel Lejon, chaosuk83 and Kirsten like this.
  12. ben

ben Active Member

sorry but money talks you no and this is what kano wants ...

lovespudgray likes this.
  13. ben

ben Active Member

the changes will favor the ones who built high att and high stamina and of course how nuch money they want to put in it ... high deff build well sorry bout ya luck thats out the window with the new changes :(

RedTurtleGames likes this.
  14. So, more screwed up times for Europeans? Yay.

15. john frances

john frances Member

they should just change start time by say 4 hours every time or something like that to let every one stand a chance of making it to sudden death once in awhile

MobMan and Aapje like this.
  16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Is this right? The announcement in game says that it starts at 16:00 PST on Feb 4th. This is important, because otherwise I will not be able to participate.

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That is correct.

18. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Nooooooooooooooooo :))) I dont trust this new format of Arena but must feel the taste first :D

S E T H likes this.
  19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

What time is that EST and just tell me don't give me a link with time zones ,please :)

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I was this close to linking you a time zone conversion site, but I won't. ;)

It is 7 pm Eastern.