Have Links open in same browser.

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Toker, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Toker

Toker Member

Is there anyway we can get the Links for our chieftens boss's to open in the same browser instead of a new window? Some days I have 8 viking clan pages open.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so it opens up a diff browser for you? thats a neat trick...you gotta show me that one bud haha....all sarcasm aside, i know what he means....i know if you click a boss link in the chat it takes you straight to the boss without opening a new TAB , not sure if they can adjust the links in the messaging

3. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

not a big deal, but it would be nice if the same page reloaded instead of opening another page when you click on links.

4. Vic

Vic Active Member

maybe it's just me, but i don't seem to have this problem.

5. Toker

Toker Member

AM I just missing a setting? If I click on a boss link from a msg it opens a new page. Id prefer to stay in the same page. like I said I end up with 8 tabs open in one browser, all Viking clan.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

What kind of message do you speak of? Inbox? Faction Message board?

Let us know where you are specifically encountering this issue and we can give you some more insight around this issue.

7. Toker

Toker Member

From a message in my Inbox.

8. Demonik1

it happens when people send you a link through in game messaging and when people post links in the guild feed....the only link that doesnt open another page is when you post your boss to the guild feed via the link on the boss page

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FB via VC mssgs doesn't open new tab, job board, or guild feed. Only time opens new tab for me is from FB chat.

10. Toker

Toker Member

profile links in inbox open a new tab for me too. Is this a server 2 thing?

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Maybe on server 2, Smacks department on that, I don't play there.. Best of luck getting it sorted out.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the info guys. I'll add this to the queue of tasks. If it is a quick fix you might just have an early Christmas present ;) I'll keep you all posted with any updates here.

13. Demonik1

Screw that, do the artifact crafting first ;p

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

But of course, that will be WAY easier :eek:

George Burd likes this.
  15. Demonik1

Uh duhzzzzz, thats why i said it....im surprised you havent taken the 7 mins it would take to do it yet....this vexes me, im terribly vexed

Smack likes this.
  16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i agree, this is annoying.

17. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

it sure is. just like other parts of the game, though, i don't let it get to me. i just find ways to work around things that i don't like.

18. Toker

Toker Member

It's not that I am letting it get to me lol Just seems like a simple fix

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Just a quick update, this is a Server 2 issue and we have a fix ready to go but the release will be delayed until Monday December 29th. If there are any cascading effects with this change we don't want to be inconveniencing anyone over Christmas.

Hold tight for a few more days and I will update here next Monday when it goes live.

20. Toker

Toker Member

Sounds awesome! Thanks Smack!