[PC] New Feature: Power Heal

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 7, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

Today we'll be rolling out a new feature to PirateClan called the Power Heal. What this allows you to do is buff your health over the maximum. There are a few conditions where this is not the case and there are limitations, but we'll cover that below along with a demo video to show you how it works in game.

Power Heal will become available when you reach 10,000 Health. At 10,000 health, you can heal 125% above your maximum by clicking the Power Heal link beside the regular heal link. This is depicted in Battles and Bosses by a lime green bar with a red plus and the word "Buffed", which is overlayed on top of your regular health bar. As you attack (or are being attacked) and take damage, this bar will decrease first, followed by your normal health.

The Power Heal caps out at 150,000 max Health, allowing you to heal up to 500% above (or 750,000 buffed Health). Even if you are above 150,000 Health, you can still only Power Heal up to 750,000 buffed Health. The cost to Power Heal is 25% per unit of health more than regular healing, but the benefit is you won't need to heal as often.

There are two scenarios that cancel or prevent Power Healing and they are: when you are placed or are riding the Bounty and when you trigger a Counter Attack. If you trigger a Counter Attack, your buffed Health is removed and the damage is applied to you base Health. If you are placed on the Bounty, your buffed Health is removed.

You are limited to 500 Power Heals within 24 hours of the first Power Heal. You can check and see how many Power Heals you have remaining and when you can start Power Healing again if you've used up all 500 on your Profile page.

This video below will show you what Power Heal will look like and how it works in game. Please note that this video is from Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra, but the functionality and visuals depicted are the same as they appear in Pirate Clan.

Any comments or feedback, please leave it below!

Nadezda likes this.
  2. So basically, what this power heal is actually good for would be during leveling it seems. What made this come about anyway? lol

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There were a few considerations behind the development of the Power Heal, mostly that the cost of healing is negligible once your Health gets high and healing the old fashioned way can sometimes be a chore. This makes healing a bit more user friendly and allows players to focus on other aspects of the game.

4. FlyinGiraffe

FlyinGiraffe New Member

Hello, mi7ch. I'm curious to know, what are the percentage calculations behind the Power Healing?
    powerheal.png
    This is my heal, is there any specific calculation? Or is it random? Thanks

5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

can there be an option so that durring boss fights instead of regular heal you have power heal that would be really cool. the option would be regular heal though unless the person selects to have power heal.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

At 10,000 health you heal 125% above your maximum, and the more Health you gain, the more you can Power Heal (up to 500% at 150,000). So, if my calculations are correct (which they might not be) you're healing 184.7% over your maximum.

7. FlyinGiraffe

FlyinGiraffe New Member

Thank you so ,uch, mi7ch. love the new th8ing, keeps me alive when people whip. ;):p

8. Ploppy

Ploppy New Member

Beware poor use of power heal could result in bubble production as ye visit Davy Jones ha ha ha !!!

9. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I think the Power Heal is great... One suggestion: How about replacing the Heal button with a power heal button when a battle gets you low on health?

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm sure I said somewhere that's we'll be exploring additions and alterations on where to access Power Heal at some point, but I can't find it right now. After the feature has been out for a short while we'll do a review and see how we can adjust it. :)

neill1990 and RedTurtleGames like this.
  11. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Excellent, thanks Mi7ch! :D

12. Oddly the Power Heal feature seems to have just disappeared on me, with no indication that I have run out of power heals on my profile and no indication of how long I have to wait if I have indeed run out. Is this a bug?

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

On profile page if says "0" then gotta wait 24hrs for reset of 500

14. I get that it's supposed to tell me how many power heals I have left. It doesn't even say I have 0. The "Power Heals Remaining" line is just plain gone.

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No clue then, doubt refresh page/clear cache will fix that. LOL

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think this one can be chalked up to a bug on our end. The devs have been informed and will get it fixed up. :)

17. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

I like the power heal saves me time getting my bosses killed.

18. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

yes i like this new feature when they first introduce it...it helps ya out on boss fights an fighting random players or even your Rivals the only downside about it is why cant we have it for when u are on the bounty board is the only question i have to say altho i think it might be a bad idea to ask but it never hurts to really get a reason for it..