[VC] Introducing the Elixir of the Gods (Facebook Only - Beta)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 9, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What is the "Elixir of the Gods"?

The Elixir of the Gods is a new feature that incentivizes players to bring back old Chieftains to Viking Clan. When you send an Elixir of the Gods the player that receives it will get some rewards as soon as they come back to the game to help them jump right into gameplay. Based on how much GP they earn through their next four seasons you can both earn Weekly rewards with the possibility for a bonus reward at the end of this period. See the info in-game for more details about the Weekly and Bonus rewards.

This feature should be live starting the evening of July 9 and will be in beta form. As such it will only be available to a relatively small number of accounts at this time but a wider release is planned. Please note that the ability to send Elixirs is only available through Facebook canvas and is not supported on KanoPlay.

Where to Start

[​IMG]

If you are eligible you will see a new tab on your Profile called "Elixir of the Gods". Click on the "Tell Me More" button to see specifics of the rewards available and to start sending Elixirs.

How to Send

[​IMG]

Once you have opened the Elixir of the Gods menu you will see your Candidate List. Choose from any of these candidates to send an Elixir to which will show up on their side as a Facebook request. Once an Elixir is sent this Chieftain, they will be moved into the Pending tab where they will remain until they rejoin the game or five days pass.

How to Track Progress

[​IMG]

If you have any "Active" Elixirs you can track your Chieftain's progress by clicking the Active tab. Here you will see a week by week breakdown of their GP progress. At the end of each season, rewards are able to be collected with the Bonus reward becoming available at the end of the fourth season since your Chieftain rejoined.

[​IMG]

On the other side of this your Chieftain who has rejoined Viking Clan can see their own progress by going to their own Profile and looking for the "Elixir of the Gods" tab. This will show their week by week GP progress as well as their progress towards the bonus rewards. Your rejoined Chieftain will also be able to collect rewards at the end of each season and the Bonus at the end of four seasons.

vietnamhair104 and mark GT like this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

If they have VC blocked, I'm assuming that's why can't send one?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Possibly, although there could be other reasons. Smack might need to follow up with you via PM.

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If the entire app is blocked it may not go through or it is possible the player no longer has an active Facebook account. However if notifications for VC are ignored then it still should send but the person on the other end is not going to see a notification in FB but they still might see an email.

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

why is this only available for fb?

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

He still has FB account, but VC app is blocked, upon clicking send nothing happened. Oh well already sent out the 5.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Because it uses Facebook's notification system.

8. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so its completely impossible to set something like this up for kanoplay server 2?

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No. The developers are getting it set up on FB in all games before exploring ways that it could be brought to KPs2.

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Should we hold our breath? What shade of blue do you think my face will turn before something like this is implemented for KP2?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've always liked ultramarine, that's a pretty neat shade of blueish violet. ;)

George Burd likes this.
  12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Wow, sounds like it might be a while... bluish violet... :eek:

13. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

mi7ch must be glitch collected my reward got my 50% energy but did not give me 50% gold

14. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

think i had a blonde moment only get 1 of rewards and not all of them

15. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion... a clan who accepted the revived elixir....but never even completed the first week..we are now on the second....maybe if they open the elixir but do not do 1 thing after a week should be void...it ties up 1 for a month thats prolly not going to continue.....Also...how or why are deceased vikings included in this ?? as there will never be a way to revive them ? This brings up something i suggested a long time ago with deceased players and their Viking Clan accounts...they should be memoralized..maybe a RED large V over their pic in VC or something ...not removed and not included in Valhalla (hits) or this revive a friend.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  16. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

A nice feature and I will try, but a little disappointing that you have to counting on others (who likely quit playing for good) to get your drops. I'll keep sending them and hoping I "get a live one" one of these days :)

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Quick question on this, someone asked me how long is considered "inactive" for this and couldn't find any info on it.

18. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

probably when you're eligible to be listed for inactivity, i would guess.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Which is what 3 or 6 months? I forget.

20. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i don't know for sure, but if i had to guess, i think it's 6 months. 3 months seems a little short to me. i'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere, probably near where you found this one, lol