In-game messages

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by JADES, Apr 27, 2014.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I get quite a few bosses sent to me through VC messages, and I'm sure others have ran into this. Say I got 10 bosses sent to me while offline, and then a very last message is a non clan member, the message box stays static on Public messages. Even if delete message still stays on public, any easy fix to make it always static on Clan messages? Basically way is now will reduce 10 clicks for 10 bosses etc. Not high priority, just "if simple" can you add it?

[​IMG]

Kirsten likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

4 other 10 star votes no comments :confused:

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well if we gave you a 10, as i did, and say nothing then it most likely means we agree with you 100% and you covered it all in our opinions, good job haha

4. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Brought this up with the developers and we'll look into it. I'm moving this to Ideas to be Implemented!

6. Demonik1

also, could they make it so that the notification stays lit until youve checked clan messages AND public so you know that youve received a public message? the way it is now you could log in with 6 messages and not know which side theyre all from and if you dont check them daily you wont remember which ones are old clan messages and not part of the notifications

7. carol hill

carol hill New Member

sorry this is totally random but didnt know where else to put this. I am looking for the link for the recipes for crafting if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative. Thanks Carol

8. Demonik1

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

How about this for a compromise. IF you have pending Clan messages it will default to that tab, otherwise it will show the public. I know you are all seasoned players but we don't want to add more friction for newer players who might be using the inbox to accept invites for example.

mi7ch likes this.
  10. Demonik1

that sounds perfect, thanks smack

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Would "pending clan messages" mean if have messages saved, or just the 1st initial click when have notifications?

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I believe Smack meant when you have unread Clan messages, but I'll get him to clarify.

Smack likes this.
  13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

New messages, not saved. So 1st initial click as you say.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Rather pointless then, only saves 1 click for when it occurs, I didn't think about the invite part for new players.

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The new player part of the equation is a big one. Alternately we can tie this into the Settings feature so that you can opt-in to always showing the Clan tab.

JADES likes this.
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

That would work, but only if easy. It doesn't happen every day or anything, just annoying when it does.

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The non/clan messages are not important to me , I want the clan messages ,and not have to keep clicking clan ,maybe just switch it so clan is static . If ya say anything at all in WC ya get a ton of non clan messages clogging it all up.:confused:

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK, this is set to be pushed out to all games today!

[​IMG]

As you can see in the top right, there is a dropdown box that will let you specify if you want to display the most recent message (current functionality), force the tab to display Clan/Squad/Mob first, or force it to display Public first.

Jess and JADES like this.
  19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Thanx

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

After the new invite system, many players are not looking for new clan and accidentally adding people, I know more cluster...
    Leave the default set on All (for the newer players), but if prefer to change setting "add" in the priority box to have the ability to do so. Pic is mocked up with all the tabs, but only 2 is really needed IMO which would be ALL or GIFTS only..

CaptureA.PNG