Battle drop upgrade

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by polishpimp, May 1, 2014.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Ide like to see battle drops be more useful. They are already relatively difficult to come by when compared to their boss counterparts. They also lose their usefulness rather quickly.

To keep things fair to all levels and players who dont really like to battle, I dont think we should be able to upgrade them all. Rather a 1 time only merger option once a complete set is obtained (all other drops will remain in inventory and be used as what they are). Currently there are 3-6 diff boss drops that can be obtained from a particular level range. I suggest....Once a full set is obtained have the option to pay (game coin)to merge that set into a super item. That super item should then be up-gradable every time a new predetermined level plateau is reached (every 500-1 k levels or use the same level range as is used to determine boss drops)so as to keep the item relevant as one climbs in levels. This could either be a pay for option or as a reward for reaching the predetermined level plateau.

Heres an example.........

Level 1 - 36 (3 of 3) -serpentbite blade 30-25, sable panther 25-30,sable knight 22-22 =Merge into ? (insert numbers here)- further upgradable at every 500-1k levels or at next level range.

Currently... there is 20 different level ranges for battle drops, the top being level 21k+. That means that currently the maximum number of "super items" for any 1 player would be 20, 1 per level range. If u were say a level 900 you would be eligible for 5 if u had all drops in the 5 level ranges youve surpassed. etc etc etc.

This would work as an incentive for players who dont normally battle to do so a lil bit more, but it doest give already over zealous attackers a reason to attack even more due to the rewards being limited to 1 per level raqnge...there simply wouldnt be any extra incentive for them to do so. It makes the rarer battle drops much more relevant as the should be. It also continues to encourage and reward those that level up without giving some insane advantage. As long as the items were continuously upgrade-able dependent on current level it could be implemented into mature games while not giving lower levels an advantage and not putting more mature accounts at a disadvantage.

Obviously the stats of the items would need to be scaled to appropriate numbers for their upgrade/level range but I think they should still be amongst the best in terms of their numbers considering their scarcity, cost and effort put into obtaining them.

Obviously a rough idea that could use some fine tuning, thoughts?

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i give this a 10. well thought out and maybe could use more feedback from others but as i see it its a fine idea without tweaking

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'll bite and give it a 10, but would this be in crafting section making it more of a cluster feck? If so, only being able to make it 1 time I would suggest it has it's own filter, so would not be in "all items" section... I would also hope for NO uncrafting recipes as well.

4. Demonik1

i would think it would be a separate section, maybe a sub-section in the crafting tab

5. polishpimp

Thanks guys.

I would think it best if it had its own area, it could be a tab or link stuck just about anywhere but Im thinking the battle drop page itself.

I also think it would be cool if we could actually personalize to make them our very own with options such as....
    1. naming them (filtered obviously)
    2.choosing whether it has attack, def or balanced stats
    3. weapon or warrior
    4. type of weapon
    5 male or female, creature
    6 types of armor

etc etc etc ...u get the idea. Almost like creating ones own avatar on the old vampires game. They could even make it so certain items/options had to be unlocked or earned through some other aspect/feat in the game, or bought with FP

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd rather keep it as simple as possible, it is a "small indie team" remember LOL, but yeah battle drop page would work just add a tab to craft. Best guess if the #'s were appropriate for level, is just make them balanced IMO. Really makes no difference later stages in game besides arena, and not going with you there again PIMP, that is dead subject to me.

7. Demonik1

well whether its weapon or warrior should depend on what you use to craft it...keep it simple, weapons with weapons and the same with warriors

8. I like it too! What an innovative and well imagined idea to add to a game that can become stale at times.

And, you know me, I love the idea of being able to individualize our own character. I think I may have mentioned that in another forum post LONG ago, but it would be amazing if we could alter the appearance of our avatar, for example. Hair, clothes, weapons in hand, etc. Kano could even attach some kind of payment to doing so such as a favor point or coins.

The only thing I would add to Polish's first idea is this. The battle drops for the different levels was instituted LONG after we had past those levels and no level 1 to 36, for example, is going to battle me so that I can get those drops now. And for hundreds of levels after those. So there would need to be a way for us to get those drops that we most certainly would have gotten had they been available to us at the time we battled our way up from day one. Bosses weren't even around when I started my account and battling was the only way to level back then, so I think I paid my dues, no? :)

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  9. polishpimp

bump..................

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Just a comment... I have been able to get at least one of each battle drop so far in Pirates thanks to Davy Jones putting up inactive players... it may take a while, but if you're able to get some of the god bounties, you'll probably be able to have a full set of battle drops if you want them...

11. Demonik1

i think alot of ideas get shot down due to certain people wanting retroactive...imo, im happy with anything new we can get them to add...with or without retro is perfectly ok with me

12. polishpimp

The problem with that though is that I believe there is a minimum level requirement to be put up by the gods.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This idea has been passed up to those on high (aka the devs). When I've got some feedback I'll post it in this thread for ya, pp.

14. polishpimp

Not sure how that pertains to this idea. If implemented in the fashion I suggested I dont see a reason for anything to be awarded retroactively.

Are you talking about JJs comment about allowing a way to get drops from the lowest of levels? Considering this idea only requires one drop of each type from a particular level range. I dont think it would be to much of a stretch to believe that a player who started waaaay before battle drops came into existence would have gotten one of each had they been available at the time, especially if they have most if not all the other drops. Like she said, there really wouldnt be any opportunity to go back and get those drops unless some level 1-36 hit someone like her first and then continued to heal until all drops were obtained....lol. I think I have every drop but 1 and thats from the very first level range. Honestly....any moderately high level player that has all the lowest level drops may need to be scrutinized a bit closer. Battle drops are relatively rare and I cant imagine there are to many players of that level that will heal for the hundreds if not thousands of attacks it often times takes to get a single drop let alone 3 different ones. Heck....it takes all of about 15 minutes to surpass level 36...not much opportunity to get a drop. Maybe the best idea would be start this idea of "super items" at a higher level range , say 901-1600 when the battle drop set increases to 6

15. polishpimp

greatly appreciated...ty!

16. Demonik1

yeah i was talking about jjs comment but mainly in general...alot of ideas, good ideas, have probably been tanked due to overwhelming cries of retro....im all for retro but if it screws over a good idea from coming forth then oh well. id rather have more available to us than worry about what i could have had if it happened sooner....... in most cases ;p

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sorry folks but with our currently creative/development pipeline and workload crafting ideas are hard to implement at the moment. We're working towards Elite/Legendary items for higher level locations, and if things open up for us in the near future we can revisit this but for now I'm moving it to not considering.

18. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this is interesting. this idea was shot down because of all of the work being done on crafting over a year ago. i'm sure more than a few of us will find that amusing (although i don't craft, and i win most of my battles, so i don't care myself).